Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Help, I'm having an n+1 crisis!
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

Its a story that starts like any other… an idea. Familiar to most in this parish what I decided I really needed was a nicish road bike for the quiver. “Fine” I said to myself “cycle to work you’ve earned it for being such a good boy” Pretty much decided on a planet-x £999 job with the ultegra, then the nicer frame with 105… then the aluminium frame as really honestly is all carbon what I need. Now I am looking at Kaffenbacks which kind of overlaps with my kona dew drop but I could sell that.

Now I am questioning whether I should spend at all.

So, my questions for you.

Not even sure what I’m asking any more, but I’m going to sit down!

JEngledow
    Free Member

Just buy a BMX 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

Did I mention the “fat bike fat bike fat bike” monologue in my head?!

40mpg

Get a Fatty too while you’re at it. I’m a recent proud owner of both a Fatty and a Pro-Carbon Ultegra 8)

Edit – spooky thought overlap!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think its to counteract the loss of tyre volume and keep the average correct

Clover

Can I just say Di2? If you’re getting a roadie you might as well go full hog… 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not sure that’d slip through u der the c2w 1000cap!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Fatty. It’s the only sensible solution to your unfortunate dilema. Mine has cured me of n+1 entirely. Perhaps. Well, the fatty and that s-works Enduro I’ve been promising myself for the last 3 years will be the cure

edhornby

Get the ALU frame one (treat it to nicer tyres) and get out and spin round the lanes, road bikes are great for a quick spin of an evening straight from the front door or a summer day when no one else is available to ride 🙂 or go out with someone slightly quicker than you and flog yourself into the ground

bikes are ace

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m no stranger to the value of a roadbike, just never felt this feeling of ‘that’s enough bike for you’

Clover

Hmm, I see your problem. Will have to be a cx then and the full roadie for christmas 😉

Northwind

Always seems to me that the diminishing returns kick in far faster with road bikes than with mountain bikes, I suppose they’re just basically much simpler and less demanding machines. Get a Triban and spend the rest on discounted easter eggs.

brakes
    Free Member

this is not a crisis, this is an epiphany

joshvegas
    Free Member

Possibly!

BrantBrantBrant, roughly what timescale are the alloy rt 58s back in.

Set up the email to notify but thats not really helpful if i get a notification in 6 months!

ads678

My Triban 5 is great, only sora kit but carbon forks and only £430.

You could get a full team sky kit and still have change for easter eggs!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Can I have the mesh sunburntskin-suit?

The only team kit I’ll ever wear is a team I’m in or some vintage threads 😀

The Triban is over a kilo heavier and thats important!

Easter eggs though… mmmm

ads678

Christ I thought it was light!

But that’s comparing it to an Orange Five!!

myopic
    Free Member

Hmmm N+1 woes…. Was enthusiastic about the Singular Rooster, talked it over with OH and went for it. Everything ok for a few days until… ‘So which one of your bikes are you getting rid of to make space for this? You could sell X AND Y….’ Explanations that all of them are actually needed have been met with sceptical silence so far 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

Solved the problem… got 2.

Bazz

You can’t leave it that! We need pictures.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I see a picture?

toby1

So son you’ll be back to the n+1 problem again, it never ends, you just get older and collect more bikes, but there are worse things to suffer in this life 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

A fact I am acutely aware of! Is a tandem a +1, +1.5 or +2?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

N+1 in my home is 10. Allegedly the thought of no 11 , would be expensive, with a divorce and child care costs involved too 😯
    Must resist a fat bike………. :mrgreen:

Rickos
    Free Member

Like the Duster.

For the first time in many years I’m actually happy with my three bikes and don’t really need anything new. It’s a strange feeling, but quite cathartic too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Those duster frames are 150 all over the place at the moment… rude not to!

Bazz

I was looking on my work computer, it blocks most pics 🙄

joshvegas
    Free Member

I assumed it was something like that.

Went shiny ultegra for thd road bike and built up the duster from parts.

flashes
    Free Member

I’ve got 9, one for each day of the week. Sorted…………

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Help, I'm having an n+1 crisis!’ is closed to new replies.