Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help identifying hanger please
  • GreenRoom
    Free Member

Can anyone please help me find a supplier for this hanger in the photos, I’ve never seen one like it and all the usual suspects (BETD, Madison, Orange and others) have drawn a blank. Orange says it’s not their bike or it may be a sample. I’m pretty sure it’s a late nineties sample or a rebadge.

The hanger has an unusual protrusion that fits into an indent in the frame as seen in the pics.

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/outdoorguyseeksoutdoorgirl/library/gear%20hanger

I really want to get this guy back on the road with good shifting (we’ll be swapping out that short cage when we find a hanger) so any help would be awesome…

Cheers
    Frith

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Get one made? Wouldn’t cost the earth.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll try asking around first then that’s the road we’ll go down. Thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

Might be worth checking out Wheels Manufacturing (from Madison), they’ve got a huge list of hangers.
    Edit: sorry, just noticed you’ve tried Madison.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Yeah thanks, I’ve got cross eyed from staring at lists of hangers…… here’s hoping the collective can come up with something or it will have to be custom made. I’ve already tweaked it back into shape a little, daren’t try any more in case it snaps…. 😯

It’s just out enough to bugger up the shifting nicely

JoeG
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

We (and other shops) have a poster of the Wheels ones, I can have a look if I remember – never seen one with that protrusion though, I wonder if one without that would work.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Every day is a school day – ain’t seen that American site before. Cheers

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Cynic-al, I was thinking that also, but it might be simpler to get one made. I had a good look at wheels’ range and I’m sure they don’t do that one, but feel free to surprise me 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

If you get one made, make sure that you get 2 or 3! Setup will probably e a lot of the cost.

jekkyl

Ring goldtec & ask, the price might not be as high as you expect & they always do me a discount for multi orders if you ask nicely.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help guys, I finally sourced a hanger from SOSHANGER, a guy on bikeradar put me on to this. Cheers

Frith

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help identifying hanger please’ is closed to new replies.