Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help ID What Cleats I Need For These Pedals Please
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

These are on the Wattbike at the gym. Thinking about splashing out and being a saddo who has a pair of shoes just for it seeing as it’s 90% of what I use there. I think they’re Looks, but never used them before so hoping someone can help please.

jordie
    Free Member

Mhhhh i think Shimano would fit

julianwilson
    Free Member

the mechanism looks like those on the clipless pedals that were branded as wellgo/vp a few years ago. Shimano spd cleats (sh51) will be fine.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bog standard MTB SPDs? Ok, I will give them a shot.

Wondering what the rationale of putting MTB SPDs on a Wattbike was, seeing as it’s mostly used by roadies.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why?
    Because its at a gym where it will be mostly be used by non cyclists I reckon. I can see any Look or similar pedal being made for toes clips and straps as well. it wouldn’t work and most people would use this are part of a work out and wouldn’t change shoes for the bike . Hence the toe clips on the other side.
    Yes normal SPDs probably fit although some older copies didn’t always match that well.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Can understand the toe clips because people don’t want to change shoes, but not sure why they’d put MTB SPDs on it. Unless I’m misunderstanding something and you’re implying road SPD-SL cleats will fit?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Road cleat are not fitted to dual purpose pedals.
    Well not that I am aware of. If you ride on the road enough to want clipless you won’t mess around with dual sides. In fact only those who use one bike for everything do anyway but that won’t be a roady. Flats cope with MTB shoes so using them without the clips has some sense. I use a set on the SS MTB as it becomes my pub bike with trainers as well.
    In this situtation I bet the machine came with these pedals as they look more useful.

iain1775
    Free Member

Could be something as simple as people tap tapping across the gym floor in road shoes is pretty undesirable both for the wooden floor and the noise, at least MTb cleats are a bit more recessed

taka
    Free Member

15mm spanner and your own spd’s what i did in the school gym till i got banned 8)

seadog101

We have a Wattbike in the gym at work. One side has clips similar to these ones above. The flip side is a Look type road pedal, but it has a kind of cleat clamped into it that has the toe cage/strap arrangement fixed to it. Damn clever idea, means you can either get SPD shoes clipped in on one side, or knock out the toe strap and use a road shoe (which I will do at some point..).

TiRed

Can you fit an spd cleated shoe with tread into that cleat, or will you need an spd adapted road shoe?

If you ride on the road enough to want clipless you won’t mess around with dual sides

Not quite – my roady son rides flats to school with his school shoes, and spd’s with cycling shoes when out on rides on the other side. Has the same on his mtb as his feet are still growing and I’m not running two systems for him until they stop!

Russell96

Look like Wellgo to me

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

mechanism looks a match for these wellgos which are listed as SPD compatible

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help ID What Cleats I Need For These Pedals Please’ is closed to new replies.