Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help ID my Specialized….
  • saladodger
    Free Member

What Am I

Hi y’all

Bought the shown frame as a Soecialized S-Works Stumpy but it had been stolen recovered and as such stripped of decals, frame number and indeed original paint job. However it was clearly a Spesh and the local plod happily confirmed the crime ID for the frame so I was happy to hand over my cash. I had it stripped and reprinted in matt white but before I acquire and apply the correct decals I need to know if I’m missing anything? I am aware that the Stumpy Expert looks similar.

Is there anybody out there who can confirm from the pics the model of the frame pictured? The seller gave me a set of bearings also which appeared genuine and had Specialized S Works SJ 120 FSR on the packet. Does this seem right?

Thanks in advance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2006 Stumpy FSR Pro, I think. Not sure it’s S-Works though, as I believe that the S-Works was carbon in 2006.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Or 2007? S-works had the shock reservoir on the stay. Specialized have an archive section their site – shouldn’t take too much to check…

saladodger
    Free Member

The res is on the stay as pictured. Will try the archive but don’t let that stop anymore suggestions or confirmations. The expertise on here is ace! And quick….

njee20
    Free Member

That’s a 2007 – did away with the lower shock bush (as in CFHs linked photo) and replaced with a cartridge bearing assembly. Not an S-Works.

Top tube changed too – 2006 ones had the model name (Comp/Expert/Pro) in a hydro formed ‘dent’, the 2007 ones were bit more complex. Seat tube design changed too IIRC.

saladodger
    Free Member

Thanks guys, keep observations coming but please elaborate as to why it is or isn’t….

I have narrowed it down to 2007 due to the above and the fact it only has 1 set of bottle bolts. Also the rear shock as a blue twist top which suggests it is the FSR Expert frame as opposed to the FSR Pro which appears to have a different brain on the rear stay (brown top).

Any advance on my beliefs…?

saladodger
    Free Member

Also 100% it’s a 2007 as the down tube does not taper towards the bb (as per 2006) and there is a definitive curve to the down tube at the same point, with no reduction in tube size. Cheers

iolo
    Free Member

It’s an ok bike. Does it make much of a difference what it is as long as you’re happy with it.
    Ride it and enjoy.

saladodger
    Free Member

Just want to know what decals to get! Nothing more annoying than some smart-ass telling you “that’s not a 2006 stumpy thingymibob cos it’s only got one bottle cage mount….”. A bit of research can save you having to address such a comment….

nealglover
    Free Member

Leave it plain white. Looks good I reckon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help ID my Specialized….’ is closed to new replies.