Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help, I Spec B shifter to I Spec A brake Connector nut & bolt
  • andywill

I have bought an pair of I spec B shifters expecting to be able to connect them (after much research on the web) to my I spec A Brakes, they don’t have the connector required (bought from CRC). Does anyone know where I might get some from (tried Madison but no joy) or does anyone have a unused set of connectors that I could buy from them.

HindlePie
    Free Member

Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to connect them to Tech 3 levers. Nowhere has them in stock and £8.99 for a nut n bolt!!! Ended up sending the shifter back.

andywill

May have to send them back then. “I spec” quite a frustration.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Andywill – I might have a set in the garage.

My levers are all I-spec A – but they came with both sets.

I’ll take a look later when I get home and if so – I’ll post back here to let you know!

A

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Which shifters? Adaptor covers to convert bar mount for i-spec a to i-spec b are available for XT and XTR. I have a few combos but they are model specific.

andywill

andysmiff1, it sounds like you may have used the I-spec A connector already, but if you haven’t that would be great. My email is andy at williams-net dot co dot uk.

gravity-slave, xt shifters & I have the adaptor covers already mounted on the shifters, but I hadn’t considered buying a set as it would work out very expensive for a couple of nuts & bolts, but it could be an option if I all else fails.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Ah, sorry, got you, you’ve got the ‘conventional’ brake and ‘new’ shifter so it should work with the bottom left – long bolt and nut.

Right pain isn’t it! I snapped a brake lever, got a replacement and then realised my shifter didn’t fit so had to get new covers.

Both bolt options came with the new style lever covers, so I’ll dig about and see what’s spare. Maybe someone else has bought the covers for b-type brakes an has the long nuts kicking about that you need for the a-type.

andywill

Good picture, shows exactly what (I think) I need. I am farly sure it would be the items shown in the bottom middle drawing. I have phoned a few shops & non have the connector needed. I am hoping someone has the parts & has no use for them :-).

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Andywill – yup, sorry mate – I’ve used them.

Thought you were after the new to new type bolts.

A

EDIT – I remember seeing somewhere (maybe MTBR?) that someone had modified the hooked shifter to be like the “new” non-hooked shifter and managed to use the bolt arrangement in the lower right picture?

EDIT #2 – maybe this might help? Not sure…….

Clicky

andywill

andysmifft1, thanks for the offer anyway. I just tried a search on MTBR & ended up playing many “prove you are human games” 🙁

andywill

andysmifft1, I think they are discussing the reverse of what I am trying to do. Thanks for the link anyway.

theraggyone
    Free Member

I definatly have the special nut and a bolt that fits it(not the original bolt) which you are welcome too if you still need it. Email me at dawes686atgmaildotcom and I can post you one asap 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

I have two brand new ones sitting in my hand.Mail me bud.Addy in profile. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help, I Spec B shifter to I Spec A brake Connector nut & bolt’ is closed to new replies.