Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HELP!! I need to get a grip…
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yes – it's a tyre thread (my first, I do believe). 🙂

I've just fitted a pair of Conti. Speed Kings to Shimano 775 rims (UST). Front went on and up no problem. Back one was a bit of a b@stard to get inflated and hasn't seated very well (lots of wobbling going on). On top of all that, I've made the schoolboy error of getting the rotating direction wrong for the back one. So 2 questions:

1) What's the best way to seat the (non-UST bead)?

2) How much does it matter if the rear one is on the wrong way round – will I lose much grip or might it roll faster?

Thank you!

househusband

1) CO2? Works a treat on UST tyres, so would be very surprised if it wouldn't work for you – but it can deteriorate wheel milk so add it afterward.
    2) You'll forfeit all warranty on the tyre, and your riding will suffer immensely. And you may die a long, slow death.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers HH.

I seated the tyres initially with CO2 but it didn't work so well on the back (front isn't perfect but I'm pretty sure a few miles at a lowish pressure will sort it out).

I've tried letting it part-way down and rolling it around before pumping it back up to 60psi, but it still looks like a clown car tyre.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

That worked well…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HELP!! I need to get a grip…’ is closed to new replies.