Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help! I keep loosing chain ring bolts!
  • hurbum
    Free Member

Hi Guys and Girls,

Last few times I’ve been out on my Orange Five I’ve managed to loose all the chain ring bolts! It’s happened with 2 different chain rings and with different sets of chain ring bolts! The bolts themselves are as tight as I can get them and I’ve been using the tool that grips the back!

Anyone got any ideas as to why this keeps happening and how I can stop it from reoccuring? I considered using some threadlock but wasn’t convinced it was a great idea if I ever want to get them undone again!

joshvegas
    Free Member

threadlock doesn’t lock them solid infact you have more chance of getting them undone again.

I managed 15minutes on a stainless chainring before i made it egg shaped after one of the bolts fell out unnoticed

meehaja
    Free Member

I went through a spate of losing chain ring bolts. First, I carried spares, then I checked that they were bolting in smooth and tight, a little threadlock does no harm, and re check everytime you stop?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Are they bottoming out??

IE: using double ring bolts with a single ring?

Cable tie them in place??

Drac

Make sure they are the right length or they’ll feel tight but won’t have enough grip.

Threadlock works very well.

jekkyl

make sure you get a dictionary too, when you pick up some new chain bolts, they are almost as handy.

tonyd

Threadlock.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! I keep loosing chain ring bolts!’ is closed to new replies.