Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Help, I have managed to cut my steerer too short!
  • wwaswas

Gusset Headlock type thing is another option if it does cause problems;

Bolts the whole length of the steerer and although heavier than an SFN might be more secure?

joefm

Something like a renthal stem would do the job

Much rather spend £50 than have my stem fall off

trail_rat
    Free Member

johnouks is the best method on this thread……. nothing shoddy about it if done right – provided the stem is clamped across the weld….how ever not toomany steel steerers around these days !

ever tried to break a good weld ? i did when i was learning how to weld…..with a good weld the parent material will break before the weld fails.

i just bought a humpert steerer extender for my town bike as i want the bars higher for visibility reasons and roadrat forks are short as stock (when coupled with a large frame and long headtube)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ir_bandito
    Free Member

Crank Brother Directset headsets are also very low stack height, you can save a few mm there.

Northwind

boblo – Member

Would anyone let Johnnouk anywhere near anything they own…? Shoddy is just nowhere near…

Can’t judge the quality of the work but there’s no reason to assume there’s anything wrong with it. Apart from the orrible original cut anyway

trail_rat
    Free Member

and more so – its far far better than the double SFN described by stofle…..

plyphon
    Free Member

out of interest, how did you mess it up?

Genuine question.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Measured once 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Help, I have managed to cut my steerer too short!’ is closed to new replies.