Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help i can’t stop pedalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sharki
    Free Member

Yesterday whilst wondering how to fill my day, i thought i’d bob out a few miles and go visit my mother…….

So jumped on the only bike i’m allowed to ride 😳 and off i dash, 12miles and i’m there, a quick cuppa and she needs o go out…..no worries, a quick phone call and my next tea stop is sorted…….before i know it i’m on the edge of Dorset and well with in reach of seeing another mates 2mth old……..get there and he’s not in…i’m now 42miles away from home and have a choice, make another random call and continue my tea cruise, or head home………

Before anythings confirmed a pop into torrico and drink coffee and play on the pump track for a bit, then the phone rings….”hi, yeah come on over, i cook some supper….” Hmmmmmm a quick mental calculation and i work out it’s quite along way……So off i head onwards…..and onwards, down down too the coast…..missing out the madness that is the A30 into Poole a hit the back roads…….and winged it as i’ve not been there for 12yrs..Hitting Poole at rush hr was fun, and legs felt nice and fresh and down i went, popped over a very odd bridge were it was free for all between cyclists, motor cyclists and cars…and into Bournemouth i went and then out the other side to sarfborne……just over 90 miles which is kinda against my orders to REST..

Today i cheated and the return leg was mostly by train, all bar a 30mile ride to meet mother and nan for lunch…..

As satisfying as doing those miles is, i can’t help but feel solo road rides are so boring…..i can’t wait till i ride properly again.

Anyone else ever gone just that little bit further than they planned?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyone else ever gone just that little bit further than they planned?

Yes
    but I love that child as if he was planned

steve_b77
    Free Member

Pedal forest pedal 😆

scaredypants

Why don’t you do the decent thing and put on a couple of stone ?

oldfart

Not bad for a REST ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder you didn’t stretch it to the ton knowing you !Hope there are no after effects .

Houns

You need to stop before you start enjoying it too much

sharki
    Free Member

stretch to the ton? didn’t have a clue how far i’d been till i got home and mapped it out, discounting the getting lost miles

google earth gave me approx 83 miles but i knew i added a bit by hitting the lanes and back roads…..

And not a chance of getting to like it, i only did it for teas, cake and seeing old friends…..If only briefly..

qwerty
    Free Member

???

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

……and you did this on your single-speed? Complete with Mendip mud?

Si
    Free Member

Coulda come seen me…

sharki
    Free Member

Next time Si, i was heading in the wrong direction and kept heading that way….bloody nearly kept going to Leons……eek!

Fuzzy, hell no, on a steel framed road bike, complete with newly wobblised rear wheel…wooops!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

By the thread title I thought you’d just bought a fixie!
    😉

Del

if you’re fit enough for that, you’re fit enough for work. mail me. 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

I fixie with my knee………pop!

I’m not allowed to do heavy labour(lifting/shifting, not pregnancy) at least till after my next appointment on the 10th…

Then i’ll be down to Devon to sort out jobs down there…Si…..

And i’ve not got your Addy Del..

Si
    Free Member

Any further beyond me and you better get yerself one of these…

sharki
    Free Member

velcro or button release????

I remember when body suits were all the fashion, one girls mum even had the cheek to sew the hole up…dammit…

Oh the bikey/boaty thingy…….well i’ve got a nice leopard skin suit like that one…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help i can’t stop pedalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.