Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help. How do I remove this pin off dogbone :(
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Quick help STW legion… I have managed to remove all pins but this one 🙁 ..it wont budge no matter how I tap it out

bigjim

Put the bolt back in a couple of turns and gently tap it out from that side. Also gently move the swingarm up and down a bit so there is momentary looseness in the setup. They can be a bit tight in the hole in the seatstay. You could also pull the seatstay towards you a little bit

STATO
    Free Member

Check the instructions, I know on an old yeti the pin didn’t come out but it was actually a bolt on each side. I doubt that’s the case now but worth checking before you go mad with the hammer 😀

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Big Jim you are my hero !!

What would life be without STW ey !

vmgscot

I find a long threaded bolt is useful for those yeti pins…thread it into one side of pin and tap the pin through using the bolt…the loose fitting bolt takes the place of the pin in the assembly so everything doesn’t fall apart as you tap the tight pin out the other side.

Also useful for threading back together (although there used to be a ‘fox’ guide tool for this as well)… at least on my 575.

bigjim

Sorted. Don’t strip the thread, they’re titanium and cost a fortune!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help. How do I remove this pin off dogbone :(’ is closed to new replies.