Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help… Hope XD driver on route to the Highlands today or tomorrow morning.
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

I am currently in North Wales and I am heading up to just north of Edinburgh tonight and then up to Glenlivet on Monday morning.

My freehub has collapsed so in a spot of bother.

Advise on a bike shop that is likely to have stock or if anyone has a spare that I can buy/replace would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Merlin, just off the motorway worth a call.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Good shout Mike but unfortunately nowt on thier website and they are closed on Sundays.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Evans list as in stock, if you are doing M6/M74 then you could try the Peebles guys and some of the bigger edinburgh shops.

Leisure Lakes is another one to try as you will pass a couple of them.

bruneep

That’s a lot of miles to ride glenlivet. Hope there is another reason to go there other than to ride it.

duncancallum

Wheelbase in stavely

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Ive got one I’d be willing to sell, central Edinburgh though I’m away at the moment, back about 8 this evening, if that’s any good?

Mbnut
    Free Member

Glenlivet is a meet point, got a few days up there.

The guys are not full on riders so it will be a fairly low key affair with the odd blatted section.

Looking up leisure lakes now.

Going to call shops after 9…

rickmeister

Complete cheap rear wheel as an option …

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Bothy Bikes Aviemore or Basecamp Bikes Grantown on Spey

martinhutch

Leisure Lakes do Hope – lots of stores on your route. Open Sundays too.

Mbnut
    Free Member

None on Leisure Lakes website but will pop in.

Doug – Yes please that would be perfect.

Couldn’t see any way to contact you on your website so please give me a shout.

*my mobile was here*

Riding Penmachno in a bit so will be out of signal but will check back here later.

Thanks.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Thought i’d say thank you to Doug now that I am home.

So pleased I was able to ride my main bike for the days I was in Scotland.

Glenlivet was ok as a warm up, bit dangerous at speed as I think it was put together as something as a family trail.

Golspie was brilliant and having my big bike was a part of that, love the whole trail and the Coffee Bothy is a great place to refuel before going up again.

Laggan had the lower red shut so missed out there but rode the top sections a couple of times.

Dunkeld was a revelation to me and somewhere I will be heading back to for further exploration! Birmham Hill climb is quite frankly painful as a 6th day riding warm up… good trail down then did the full DH course on the Hermitage…. came as a bit of a wake up call that top section!! it was up there I was super grateful to Doug as I was able to ride it on the big bike. I dabbled with doing the Enduro this weekend but needed to get home…. bit gutted I didn’t stay on. Great area.

Finished of with a quick Inners zx loop. Shame I had Cadonbank ruined by a bloke stood on the down slope of one of the features…. lucky I caught site of his helmet!! Always a fun way to finish a trip Inners then a drive out through the Yarrow Valley… good stuff.

Thanks again for suggestions and thanks to Doug.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bit dangerous at speed

Oh dear!

robowns
    Free Member

Sounds decent and good work Doug.

Al trying too hard to be pedantic 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Not looking at post dates fail.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Glad it was put to better use than sitting at the bottom of my tool box.
    Shame you didn’t manage to stick around for the Dunkeld Enduro today, was a great race

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help… Hope XD driver on route to the Highlands today or tomorrow morning.’ is closed to new replies.