Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help HItachi TV and PS3 HDMI Woes
  • younggeoff

Ok, my son got a HITACHI L32HP03U LCD tv for xmas, plugegd in his PS3 using an HDMI cable and everything worked. Just put a new aerial in the loft for him and plugged that into the TV, Freeview all works etc but now the PS3 won't work if plugged into any of the HDMI inputs.
    We've tried the PS3 on another TV with the same HDMI cable and it works fine, tried a different PS3 on the Hitachi and it doesn't work either.
    Took it back to the shop, the technician tried a dvd player in all the HDMI sockets and it worked in the shop. Now I'm really confused.

What should we do next, take the panel and the PS3 to the shop and get them to try it??

Any help appreciated

uplink
    Free Member

You are switching the TV to look at the correct HDMI input aren't you?

AndyRT
    Free Member

are you expecting it to automatically control the TV when the PS3 starts up? It is an option to do that. Otherwise you have to change the input on your tv on its remote. Your other TVs may have auto switching enabled….just a guess

younggeoff

Using the remote to select the required HDMI input, not relying on the auto switching.

ski
    Free Member

don't you have to select HDMI output on the settings on the ps3 too?

Could be wrong though, it was ages when I set mine up last.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the TV may have the option to auto detect the type of HDMI signal being received switched off. Or the PS3 may be sending an incompatible signal (ie 1080i to a 720p TV or similar)

usually the panel will tell the PS3 what signal to send, if this is switched off on either unit then it won't work

theflatboy
    Free Member

you definitely have to select hdmi output and configure the video settings on the PS3, if you haven't already.

and you'll definitely have to manually change the input to the correct hdmi input on the screen, too. or at least i'm pretty sure you always have to for hdmi inputs, they won't auto-select i don't think.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Just last night on my Samsung…
    Turned on the PS3 first, then the TV a distant (couple of minutes) second. Once the picture had come up – I was on the correct input – I had the select your output message from the PS3. Sooo, could be as above?
    I'd bet on selecting the correct HDMI input for the PS3 on the TV though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help HItachi TV and PS3 HDMI Woes’ is closed to new replies.