Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HELP ! have i **** my fork ?
  • grizzer
    Free Member

I have serviced my reba's, but when i hit the rods to break the lowers lose, i had to hit them that hard (mallet head came off) that its damaged the thread and the nut won't go back on.They seem to be working ok at the mo without the nut but any advice would be greatly appriciated.Also just a note to say you can increase the travel on merlin bought oe forks, the spacer is at the the bottom of the rod on top of the bottom seal…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You should have left the nut (half on, half off) on the end of the thread to protect it when you hit it, and only used a woden or ribber mallet.

Should be able to recut the thread though, maybe try a local engineering shop?
    Don't ride without unless you really want your forks to fall apart though!

LoCo
    Free Member

As Poddy says, try and re cut the thread, if this doesn't work contact me and I can sort parts for you.

grizzer
    Free Member

I did use a rubber mallet and left the nut proud by a few threads,its the nut thats damaged the thread and iam thinking if it takes that much force to move it then it might be ok without..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

without the nut it won't have tightened up properly!

Recut the thread

wwaswas

it might be ok without

and it might not now you've freed it up. At the end of the day they're your teeth if the fork falls apart when you lift the front end of the bike up to clear soemthing.

grizzer
    Free Member

I think its the thread on the nut that is damaged as the cap goes on ok as does the shock pump

glenh
    Free Member

edit: woops got my legs mixed up.

Anyway, it sounds like new nut time from b+q.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HELP ! have i **** my fork ?’ is closed to new replies.