Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HELP – Giant XTC 29er size?
  • parkey
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a secondhand XTC 29er in medium today. Does anyone know if it would fit me?
    I’m 6′ with a 34″ leg and I generally like riding a smaller bike with high seatpost.
    Cheers
    Dave

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Given that very limited information it sounds too small. someone who’s 6ft and 34″ leg would most likely be suited to a large.

You’ll end up with a lot of post showing anyway as its a 29er with racing geometry.

weeksy

TBH it will just about fit you.

I’m pretty much exactly the same and had the same XTC29er, my inside leg is only about a 33 though i guess.

I ran it and still had 2-3″ of seatpost available.

below shows seatpost for me

flatfish
    Free Member

Im 6′ with a 33″ leg and a large is only just big enough really, certainly wouldn’t want it any smaller.

neninja
    Free Member

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/backoffice/_upload_au/185_Print_quality2013_SB_print_single_pages.pdf

This would suggest that you are on the cusp or medium and large so if you like a smaller frame with lots of seatpost out then the medium may well be the way to go.

parkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys – especially the pics “weeksy”.

I’ve been riding a 19″ IRO Mia rigid singlespeed as a 69’er for the past few years and at the ripe old age of 42, I think I need some comfort from time to time.

If the price is right, I may take a chance as it looks nice.
    Cheers – and have a good day.
    Dave

weeksy

TBH the Giant isn’t exactly what i’d call ‘comfy’…

It’s a focused race orientated HT.

That said… i did a 12 hour Enduro on it 🙂

timc
    Free Member

Im 6’1 with 34″ inside leg. Ride a Large & needed a new seatport to get full leg extension (standard post was 350mm)

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Im 6′ 3″ & ride an XL Cotic Solaris (29er) still have a fair bit of seatpost showing……

I think the M Giant will be too small.

will
    Free Member

6ft 4″
    Large XTC 29er
    Prefer smaller bikes and more seatpost like yourself. Although i’d probably still say you need a Large:

andermt
    Free Member

6ft 4″ with 35″ inside leg and have an XL 29er composite (I assume Alu & comp frame sizes are the same), I wouldn’t want anything smaller than that.

I think Large would be better for the OP.

steelkona
    Free Member

I ride a Large XTC29er and am 6ft2 with a 33″ inside leg. Feels spot on.
    It also is possibly for sale! frame only! 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HELP – Giant XTC 29er size?’ is closed to new replies.