Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Help – Getting married in 18 days and haven’t got a photographer
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve always had a just in time approach to life, unfortunately, so does my fiancée…. So here we are, 18 days before our nuptials without a wedding photographer.

Can anyone recommend a photographer who doesn’t charge the earth and is good. We don’t want anything particularly fancy, it’s really so the inlaws have a few photos for the mantle piece – it’s an afternoon wedding on the 29th if there are any wedding photographers on here…

The wedding is in Guildford.

Thanks!

Murray

All else fails give the guests single use cameras and make a montage.

Jamie
    Free Member

My cousin had this lady.

Home

Seemed good. No idea on cost or whether available, as it’s not my job 😀

Is London based, tho.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All else fails give the guests single use cameras and make a montage.

+1

jimdubleyou

I don’t know what your definition of the earth is, but Denise did our wedding 10 years ago. She’s quite good.

https://www.denisewinterphotography.co.uk/

Bit short notice though…

slimjim78
    Free Member

I got married in Guildford.

I’m divorced now. Just saying.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Buy a copy of Hello that’s got a celebrity wedding in it and then pay Jamie to photoshop you into the pics?

Jamie
    Free Member

But then I charge the earth and am not very good.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do it as a favour… you graphic design types love doing favours, right?

frankconway

Matt willis – he’s in bristol.
    Nick Austin – he’s somewhere near london.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Job.. jobbed.

#itjustworks

Jamie
    Free Member

Do it as a favour… you graphic design types love doing favours, right?

Sandwich

That green sliver may be exaggerated, usually it’s much smaller.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is her name Louise?

ads678

Find which of your mates has the best camera and tell them they have to take some proper group photos then just get all the other guests to email their photos to you and pick the best.

trailwagger
    Free Member

All else fails give the guests single use cameras and make a montage

This is a really bad idea. You will pay a fortune to get them developed and end up with two usable images that you dont really like.

Pay a profesional … if you want decent photos.

gobuchul
    Free Member

How many tables?

Buy 10 x cheap digital cameras and SD cards, £500. Sorted.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Buy 10 x cheap digital cameras and SD cards, £500. Sorted.

Again… dont do this.. you will only be disapointed.

Pay a professional.

crankboy
    Free Member

We have an “artistic” photographer friend and a professional artistic/lecturer photographer friend , the lecture lent his best automatic robot camera to the artist who had been nominated as our official photographer but had left her camera in Germany . Despite being told not to artist played with the settings on the camera and messed up every shot.
    The point is we still managed to cobble together a perfectly acceptable collection of photos from the guests including a really nice informal shot of the two of us that is special for not being posed.
    Best of luck for the day and the life that follows . Don’t sweat the details.

Jamie
    Free Member

Again… dont do this.. you will only be disapointed.

Plus you have to filter out/in (I ain’t judging) all the dick pics.

Harris
    Free Member

Sharp Edge Photography.
    Andrew is a top lad.

knottie8
    Free Member

how much are you looking to pay ?

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ll do it for £199(plus expenses)*

*I’m not a photographer but have a camera somewhere… I think

scotroutes

It’s wedding photos we’re discussing, not art. There are only two options; either you get posed photos of every possible permutation of family members (write them down on a ticklist to make sure you don’t miss anyone) or you loiter taking supposedly candid shots. I can’t believe folk actually have the cheek to charge for it.

SaxonRider

Once again, I suggest Ingrid Weel, based in Chertsey.

Excellent reputation.

Give her a ring.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m friendly with this guy not far from Guildford, also he rides bikes. People have told me he gives good deal. This seems to be his website but doesn’t work for me:

https://www.paulwelby.photography/

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ewan, remember Cassie? Who married the Prawn. She does a bit of wedding work, she goes under the moniker Cassie Hannah photography and is SE london based.

(This is assuming you are the Ewan who I used to ride with along with others who were on Ant’s forum/chocolate foot, even if you are not that Ewan it’s worth seeing if they are not booked on your day)

trailwagger
    Free Member

It’s wedding photos we’re discussing, not art. There are only two options; either you get posed photos of every possible permutation of family members (write them down on a ticklist to make sure you don’t miss anyone) or you loiter taking supposedly candid shots. I can’t believe folk actually have the cheek to charge for it.

When your new wife turns to you and asks why there is no photo of the kiss, or the ring exchange….. saying oh sorry i had my camera on the wrong setting by mistake … or the light in the church was really bad, sorry thats why the shots are blurry… wont cut it.

Thats what you pay a professional for. Its a one off event, there wont be any second chances to get shots like this.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

At a family wedding last year instead of buying disposable cameras for everyone to use, then having the faff of collecting them up and processing them, they signed upto an on-line service where everyone used their smartphones, could upload to the app and anyone could use the photo’s thereafter. You can also upload video. Can’t remember the name of the app, but i’m sure it’d come up on google.

As for traditional photographers, try a keen amateur. We did, they were cheaper, took loads of photo’s and gave you them all at the end – hard copies and memory sticks, and they pass over copyright so you can get them reproduced anywhere you like. Photo’s were as good as any i’ve seen. Downside is you need to sort out an album yourself, but really, who has ever got out their album and looked at it once it goes up in the loft after the wedding?

theotherjonv

yes, pay a pro. You (hopefully) won’t do it again, and to end up with rubbish or even ‘OK’ shots will be a disappointment.

I got married 17 years ago at Clandon Park but searching for her I’m not sure she’s working any more

http://www.allaboutweybridge.co.uk/aaw/oatlandsstudio.htm

I ride with a guy called Paul Stott, also Woking area, and he’s a wedding photographer – can’t vouch personally for his wedding work but he’s a decent chap and did a good job last weekend taking our club dinner shots, and his portfolio seems decent.

http://paulstott-photography.co.uk/

Ewan
    Free Member

Mr Smith – I am that Ewan 🙂 Do you have contact details?

Thanks for the other suggestions – will get in contact with a few.

Happy to pay for a professional, just I don’t want to go crazy – 600-1000 is the number in my head, but that’s not based on much.

footflaps

Happy to pay for a professional, just I don’t want to go crazy – 600-1000 is the number in my head, but that’s not based on much.

When we got married (2013), £2k ish was the going rate….

A friend, who is an excellent landscape photographer did it, but to be honest, I wish we’d used a pro as the results were only so so. Wedding photography is flipping hard to do well (I’ve done 4 weddings now and am never really satisfied with the photos).

Jamie
    Free Member

£2k ish was the going rate….

Just invite them to the reception by the sounds of it 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

cassie’s website:
    http://www.cassiehannah.co.uk

Ewan
    Free Member

2k 😮

Thanks Mr Smith

theotherjonv

Paul’s website says £1500 but with discounts for midweek and out of season.

But i suspect £600 for a pro job will be ‘a stretch’ – I paid £517 17 years ago.

scotroutes

Just get a good one of the happy couple. It’s not like anyone else is going to look at them again.

theotherjonv

I had ours out at the weekend……

(for the first time in years)

That’s not entirely true.. we also looked at them a few years ago when we heard devastating news that our venue had been gutted by fire. They’ve just announced the plans for the rebuild, and I’m counting time and pennies to see if I can afford to have another do there for our 20th or 25th

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/clandon-park

scotroutes

Twice in 20 years, and folk pay £2k for that privilege?

No wonder folk are whinging that They can’t afford a deposit on a house when they’re wasting money like that

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Help – Getting married in 18 days and haven’t got a photographer’ is closed to new replies.