Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help getting AVCHD video files off my Sony RX100
  • boxelder

So, following advice on here, I bought an RX100. Great camera, with good video. I can view them on the camera, but can’t find them in any folder to transfer onto my PC.
    Help, please…..

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I have premier from Adobe and that edits and saves avchd files. Elements does to I believer. You can download avc or any video converter which should convert them. Good format if I’m honest.

scotroutes

Is there not a Sony PC app to do that for you (PlayMemories IIRC)

boxelder

Can now play them through Play Memories (which was on the camera), but can’t download the upgrade for import/export etc. Will try again tomorrow.

nickdavies

On my lumix the videos were in a hidden folder, marked .ts or something. Unhide hidden folders and go hunting?

tillydog
    Free Member

Mine end up in F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM

(F: is my card reader – YMMV)

The PM Home thing is a monstrosity – avoid!

Cougar

Are you connecting the camera to the PC, or moving the memory card between the two devices?

Try the other one.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

boxelder – which software are you using to edit the footage on ?

If you’re using Final Cut Pro, you can use the log and capture window to import the footage, and then export it back out as something more web friendly for upload to YT.

If you’re using Adobe Premier CC they should be able to be imported straight off from the Master file.

imovie supports the AVCHD codec as well.

As for moving the file onto your computer from your camera, I’d strongly recommend transferring the entire file structure, and not just the video files from the sub-folders, as there can be metadata which is encoded, which you will need for editing. In other words drag and drop the folder marked PRIVATE (and all the sub-folders it contains), and then re-name it so you can find it later on.

EDIT : Also, sack off Windows Media Player as it’s ****. Download VLC Media Player, and use that instead if you want to just play back any files.

boxelder

PM does seem sub-optimal…
    Tried both card and attaching camera – can view them when USB linked to camera, but can’t find files to use.
    Thanks all.

tillydog
    Free Member

You may have to set your computer to show hidden files.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help getting AVCHD video files off my Sony RX100’ is closed to new replies.