Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • help!! Garmin Edge 705 problems
  • Pete.Crawforth
    Free Member

right then I've been using my Garmin edge for over 18 months now with no problems. update now an then and use the garmin training centre and mapsource software.

recently around the time i last updated the firmware the elevation total gain during the ride just stayed at 1m on the screen even though the profile was being logged. after then plugging it back into the web updater i got it to re-install the firmware to 3.1 and it all seemed to work.

new problem. did a big ride on saturday and everything seemed to logged on the garmin fine however when i import it to the training centre it hasnt imported the map route or any of the graphs
    and again.. went for a ride last night and it again hasnt imported the graph or route data just totals…
    plus since last nights ride the current elevation reading is well off and it isnt self calibrating i have tried doing the firmware update again and soft and hard reseting it. as well as leaving it for 30+mins after resets and updates to let it acclimatise itself.

so then any ideas?

with the new firmware how do i go about setting points that the garmin can calibrate itself to for the elevation to sort itself out?

cheers

pete

Pete.Crawforth
    Free Member

bump

boblo
    Free Member

I'd call Garmin support…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The motion based forums are usually quite good too. maybe try there if you haven't already?

boblo
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    The motion based forums are usually quite good too. maybe try there if you haven't already?

They are no more….subsumed into the world of Garmin…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘help!! Garmin Edge 705 problems’ is closed to new replies.