Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • help from the watch experts please
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ve been reccomended to gift someone this as a wedding present.
    https://www.slow-watches.com/the-product

I can see it’s a bit gimmicky, but hey ho it’s what was on “the list” -having no knowledge of anything more exotic than a 20 quid casio what I’d like opinion on is if the movement is vaguely OKish for a 200 quid watch or is it complete tat?

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s quartz tat.
    if you wanted something decent at that price then seiko, if you wanted something quirky then Meistersinger.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The most important thing is that it’s on “the list”. Would I buy it, no ? Would I look for something else on the list, probably ? At £200 that’s very expensive for the “movement” (inside is likely to be a £20 Casio style movement) and also its a gift for one person only rather than the couple. You could get a nice alarm clock / clock radio for that money. But ultimately it’s what the other person wants not your/our values.

EDIT: OP I would be tempted to just give the couple a cheque if the watch is the best gift you can find on the list.

BigJohn

I’m usually OK about turning nouns into verbs or gerunds. But “to gift” is abominable. What’s wrong with “to give”?

hilldodger
    Free Member

aha, the “to gift” was just a bit of a gimmee for the linguistas 😉

“on the list” it was an example of a “quirky watch” – guess it was the only one that googled up for the list writer

and thanks Mr Smith – MeisterSinger lower end just creeps into budget and does look a lot more classy than the one I posted. Don’t suppose you’d have a recommended retailer for them (either real or online)

MrSmith
    Free Member

no retailer recommendation but as they are german and the euro has dropped maybe a german e-tailer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help from the watch experts please’ is closed to new replies.