Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help from the Birmingham residents please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Off to the nia tonight, somebodies just told me brum is getting a bit of snow as we speak. Any info on how bad it is, might sack the car off and hit the train…

lunge

Currently sat at my desk in central Brum and the roads are clear, no issues at all, the trains are also running well. No idea of that’ll change later but right now you’ll have no issues.

Drac

Looks horrendous

http://phase2.bcu.ac.uk/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

Not much snow though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Looking at the 4.30 train out of derby as for some reason I’ve decided that will be the better option……

disco_stu
    Free Member

Blue skies, clear roads looking onto the Hagley Road at the moment. More snow is forecast later today so it may grind to a halt.

lunge

Looks horrendous

It really does in that pic, it’s not that bad normally, honest!

Drac

It really does I’m sure it’s not but that doesn’t do Brum any favours.

Haze

Not many building sites look all that glamorous in my experience!

somouk
    Free Member

It’s not too bad, main routes should be clear so shouldnt be an issue in the city by this evening.

addy6402

Nothing to worry about – it’s unlikely to get very bad in central B’ham. Looking forward to riding home after the xmas party later on though – some decent snow up on the Lickeys.

bails

Be aware that the mix of roadworks and road closures on/around the A38M are making the traffic really bad. We drive into Bham at about 5:30pm last friday and it took ages, most of the delay was sat stationary about half a mile away from the Mailbox car park we were trying to get to.

If you can park somewhere else and get the train in and out (like International, depending on where you’re coming from) I would recommend that, assuming the trains run late enough to get you back to your car.

somouk
    Free Member

Looks like some more snow hitting in the next couple of hours but won’t be bad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yam, yam, yaw, yam yam yam, yaw, aiy, yuuuum..

HTHs

😆

rOcKeTdOg

6″ on top of the beacon today, saw loads of accidents this morning but roads were clear by mid afternoon

maccruiskeen

Looks like you’re in for a bit of the, um, …. white stuff. 🙂

prawny

Still nothing much even out here in the shires. Coming down a bit now but can’t see it being a problem.

rOcKeTdOg

6″ on top of the beacon today, saw loads of accidents this morning but roads were clear by mid afternoon

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help from the Birmingham residents please.’ is closed to new replies.