Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help for an ignoramus … Marzocchi MXR forks
  • cbcb
    Free Member

hi there,

total newbie here after a bit of guidance!

i recently put my original non-suspension forks back on my bike and so have a pair of Marzocchi MXRs from 2002 i want to sell.

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/detailProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1592&IdFolder=113&idMY=2146&IdOggetto=2419

i'm guessing the classifieds on here are a good place to start, but does anyone know if they are any good or what they might be worth? they haven't been thrashed at all, but haven't been serviced either.

cheers,

CB

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Unfortunately bike stuff more than a few years old does sell very well, especially forks where technology moves pretty fast. I would think you could get much more than £50.

If I were you, Id hang on to them – marzocchi's from that period were pretty reliable and should outlast most other things on your bike!

mieszko
    Free Member

Those Bombers hold value pretty well and if in good condition should easily get 50+ on an auction or about 50 on here, this is a higher model than mxc and has external rebound adjustment and better damping ssvf compared to ssv on the mxc. I had a 2003 Mx Comp that my mate still uses, just serviced it once and it works.

You will not get as much fork for the cash from Your mxr as 50 quid doesn't go far with newer forks. The Marzocchi being old doesn't mean it's rubbish, easy to service, legendary Bomber reliability from back in the days and should be super plush.

cbcb
    Free Member

good to know i bought something half decent!

got to sell them i think as am having a bit of a clear out pre new baby. all offers graciously considered …

thanks for the replies,

CB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help for an ignoramus … Marzocchi MXR forks’ is closed to new replies.