Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help. Flames are coming out of the hoover…
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

My housemate says there wa an odd 'wumf' sound, then smoke started to come out, before flames….
    It's been turned off, and deconstructed- the flames seem to be coming out of the motor, around the brushes/armature area.
    Anyone have any ideas what is causing it/ what we can do about it? It's a good hoover, but I fear for the soft furnishings…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its borked. Unless you want to pay for new brushes and a motor rewind, get a new one.

Take it outside and toast cocktail sausages on the flames.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Were you hoovering up vomit by any chance?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Keep that hoover and treasure it. It sounds absolutely badass.

eviljoe
    Free Member

We don't need to hoover up vomit here. We have a dog.

Thanks deadhero, yup the brushes arelooking v. rough, and the armature is black. Well, argos here we come….

grumm
    Free Member

Keep that hoover and treasure it. It sounds absolutely badass.

😆

Was gonna say, I though that's how you could tell they are working properly?

skidartist
    Free Member

Put it in the washing machine, seems to do iPods the power of good.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Been hoovering up ashes from a fire? My boss admitted to 'tidying up' at home one day, which involved hoovering the living room. The benign cinders next to his wood burner looked ripe for removal….. except the sudden rush of high velocity air over the still-smouldering lumps of wood, once they were sucked up, caused a firework display inside his Dyson the likes of which I doubt he'd seen before. Going into 'WTF DO I DO NOW?!?!?' mode, he didn't turn it off, but ran round like a headless chicken until there was sufficent heat to melt the plastic of the collection tube, reducing the oxygen supply to his tiny towering inferno.

Stay safe out there kids 😉

4130soul
    Free Member

dont go to argos, go to uk electrical discount uk.com

they do some stupdily cheap barjins on there, got my £300 hoover for £70.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have the sudden urge to 'dyson' up some gently glowing embers now – sounds like great fun!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Make sure you put your CD collection in the mircowave as a follow up.

Then mix some fertiliser and some sugar on your gas hob.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

CD-in-the-microwave was a favourite post-pub game at University 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help. Flames are coming out of the hoover…’ is closed to new replies.