Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help finding baggy shorts that fit
  • triassicbunter
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find baggy shorts that are a tight enough to fit in the waist but baggy enough in the leg to wear with knee guards. I’m about a 33″ waist but find all 34” and many 32″ waist shorts need fully cinching down to be anywhere approaching snug. The trouble with wearing smaller sizes is that the legs are then a bit close fitting, the effect of which is increased with even slim knee guards.

Can anyone recommend any brands that might fit me?

My Troy Lee Moto’s fit well (32/33″ waist) and work fine with 661 Kyle Strait pads. They are thick though, but the plus side, very tough.

I’ll check what size mine are in a bit

jamesmio
    Free Member

Tld Motos for winter/downhill days, Endura Humvee Lites the rest of the year, both fit great.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Dakine. Most of them have an internal waist adjuster (Velcro tabs) as well as external belt loops. The legs are also designed to go over knee pads as well. If you shop around you can normally find them on a deal somewhere. Got a pair of 8 tracks that refuse to die and some derails which are a lighter slightly stretchy soft shell material. Both have quiet long inseams though so they are quite long for shorts (just below the knee for me)

triassicbunter
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. I’ve just tried on some dakine shorts as I’d heard good things about them but even the 32 waist were too big in the waist and close in the leg. I’m beginning to realise that I must be oddly shaped!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison, possibly the most stocked clothing in lbs’s too.

triassicbunter
    Free Member

Yes, I think I need to start trying shorts on in shops as mail ordering stuff is becoming a bit frustrating.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Have you try Endura Hummvee, particularly at £25 @Wiggle ?

I am in a similar situation and are perfect for the job.

triassicbunter
    Free Member

I used to wear them years ago. I still have an old pair but they’re a bit short. It doesn’t help that I’ve lost weight recently due to enforced diet changes. The shorts that I was wearing are now almost too big.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fits change, give em a try.

honourablegeorge

triassicbunter – Member
    Yes, I think I need to start trying shorts on in shops as mail ordering stuff is becoming a bit frustrating.

CRC do free returns – order hald a doen pairs, return the ones that don’t fit, job done.

TLD Skyline and Ruckus have waist adjusters and are usually well discounted

mmannerr

I have had same problem with maybe ten pairs of shorts and the answer is suspenders.
    Definitely not cool but they work well when you find a pair which does not have cheap adjustment clasps which dig to your skin. Also not having to cinch the waist overly tight is very nice on long days.

triassicbunter
    Free Member

The idea of braces had crossed my mind. I think I’ll just visit a couple of local shops and try stuff on first, to see if I can find a brand that fits.

I’ve had the same problem with ordinary clothes too. I recently replaced my 34″ waist work trousers, which I could wear without a belt, with the newer equivalents from the same shop. I now have to wear a belt fully cinched up, even though the fit on the legs is the same. It just seems to be the way clothing sizing is going.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Altura Attack 180 are quite slim fitting compared to others.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help finding baggy shorts that fit’ is closed to new replies.