Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help, Excel 2013
  • Moe

Can anyone help….

For some reason I can’t open Excel files directly by clicking the file, Excel will start but to open the file I have to find the file from Excel … does that make sense?

Cougar

You can manually fiddle with file associations, but the simplest way is probably to go into Programs in Control Panel, select Office and then choose the Repair option at the top.

mrlugz
    Free Member

right click, open with, make sure box is ticked to always open with selected program.

Lugz

bails

When you say excel opens, do you mea you double click on spreadsheet.xlsx and an ’empty’ excel window opens?

Or do you just mean that you can go to programs-Office-Excel and open Excel that way?

Moe

Bails – Double clicking on a file opens Excel but just a blank screen (even though the file is visible in the preview pane).

Lugz – box is checked but no difference.

Cougar – I’ll have a proper look in an hour but so far no joy.

Thanks for replies.

drlex
    Free Member

Is the file name visible under the “Windows” tab of the Excel menu bar? Might be open, but minimised and off-screen.

bails

– Double clicking on a file opens Excel but just a blank screen

I had the same thing a couple of years ago. I think a reinstall of Office solved it.

You can export (and then import) your toolbar and ribbon customisations so you can get back to normal easily.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I’ve not long solved a similar issue by opening a run dialog (Win+r), typing in “excel /o” and hitting enter. This updates the registry keys for excel apparently, and for me at least solved a similar issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help, Excel 2013’ is closed to new replies.