Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help! Didn't realise Ti 456s were going out of stock! Avaialble anywhere else?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Been after one of these all year, just got myself in a position to buy one, emailed on one to be told that they’re undergoing a full redesign and won’t be available for six months!

Desperate to get hold of one in a 16 inch, ideally with a headset.

Any ideas?

wwaswas

there was one in the classifieds for £300 yesterday – I’d keep an eye on there.

t_i_m
    Free Member

i’d be interested to hear why they’re doing a full redesign

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyl
    Free Member

Wonder what the redesign is. Maybe Brant is going to tweak the geometry for the first time in years?

I expect the first change will be a 44mm ID head tube to get rid of the tapered one. New ones looks really burly compared to the Lynksey one and is quite heavy so probably going to be some weight loss too (at 1700g it’s only 300g less than a Cotic Soul which has the benefit of being easier to fix!

brant
    Free Member

Redesign is new geometry and manufacturer.
    Tapered headtube stays.

robarnold
    Free Member

Brant: i’m desperate to get hold of one, if you’ve got any clues as to where I might be able to get a 16inch version of the current model from please drop me a line.

robin arnold at hotmail dot com

Many thanks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

simonlovesrocks has one that’s just come back from lynksey, looks like new.

robarnold
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon have you got an email address for simonlovesrocks please?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The lynskey built ones are completely different to the current ones anyway arent they?

mmb
    Free Member

wondering if they might change the swapout system i lost one of the long chainring bolts that hold the swapouts in place while i was riding and now i can’t ride the bike.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’ve got some long chain ring bolts if you need one. Do you need the male and female sort of is your frame threaded?

Drop me a message or email
    p_sheard at yahoo dot co.uk

mmb
    Free Member

hey thanks shindiggy thats very generous of you, i have however ordered some from crc and i’m waiting for them to arrive. i dont understand why i couldn’t find any on the planet x website tho, i would have thought that seeing as they sell the frames they would sell replacement parts too maybe i was looking in the wrong place?.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Out of interest, what bolts did you get. The frame bolts are a lot longer than usual chain ring bolts

mattstreet

mmb – would be interested to hear what bolts you got too – and how good they fit. I’ve hamfistedly rounded a couple of mine off – they’re just about ok, but will need replacing at some point. Thanks!

mmb
    Free Member

i bought these but they’re a little too long with regards too the nut so i filed down the nut by about 5mm and they’re fine if the original nuts you have are still in good nic you can use those and there’s no need to do any filing.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5995

mattstreet

Cheers mmb!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help! Didn't realise Ti 456s were going out of stock! Avaialble anywhere else?’ is closed to new replies.