Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help design out bike crime – Commuter cycling survey
  • bailey4130
    Free Member

Dear members of Singletrack,

Please take a few minutes out of your time to fill out a survey aimed at cyclists who commute on a regular basis in order to help prevent bike crime.

This survey is going towards research for a design project in my third year of university. I am an undergraduate student studying Product design at the University of Leeds. The project I have chosen to do is to design a new type of situated bicycle lock up area which can not only stop bike thieves from stealing bikes but also prevent any vandalism to them.

The survey is used to find out general information about commuters regarding what type of bikes are most regularly used, how much their bikes are worth, how much commuters spend on bike locks…etc. The results I hope to gather from the survey will provide me with guidelines to designing this new idea.

With your time and help you can provide me with excellent feedback to this survey, and help me on my way to designing a useful and successful product to prevent bicycle crime.

Web link to the survey:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Design-against-bike-crime

Thank you for your time and patience,
    Ed Bailey.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Done. The best cycle parking I have seen is at the hospitals – chunky racks to lock the bike to inside a locked cage with cctv

crikey
    Free Member

Survey is poo; I don’t have or use bike locks, but it insists on an answer to question 11.

shindiggy
    Free Member

For a third year university degree, the survey is a little lacking. There is no commute to work option for instance.

Plus, a lot of (most of peoples bikes in here) cost in excess of £1000 so the pricing on the survey is a little limited.

Completed though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, but I tried. Some of the questions were just so far off the mark I couldn’t give a decent answer.

bassspine
    Free Member

very incomplete answers available. You won’t get good results. They may look good but they won’t be the full truth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help design out bike crime – Commuter cycling survey’ is closed to new replies.