Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HELP! – Coil Rev 426 service, do I have the right parts?
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of servicing my forks. It’s all going swimmingly until I go to put the new wipers etc. into the lowers. I removed the grey wiper, and the foam ring underneath. Opening my packet from tftuned, I find a grey wiper, a yellow foam ring which is much shallower than the old one, and a black seal of some kind.

This is what came out of my fork.

And this is what was in the packet.

Is this some kind of redesign? The manual just talks about a foam ring and the wiper. If these are the right parts, can anyone tell me what way up the black seal goes?

Thanks for any help!

Brown
    Free Member

I had a similar ‘woah woah woah’ moment when I opened up my seal kit,
    which I followed with a ‘well I guess they know what they’re on about’ shrug and a ‘bash them in with a hammer’ follow up.

This about six rides ago and all seems fine thus far. With my track record, that’s a good sign.

(Black seal first, then foam ring, then the worryingly named ‘dust’ seal). I used a 30mm socket to seat the black oil seal.

Edit – I should add that I wasn’t quite that blase (or trusting, for that matter). I had a quick hunt around the web for reassurance first…

retro83
    Free Member

There is a right way up for those black seals to go, phone TF tuned or look in the Pike manual for confirmation. Not sure if it would make too much difference but you might as well get it right seeing as you have them open.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Yeah I managed to find mention of them in the pike manual. What a PITA trying to install though. Can’t get them seated. Will need to try your 30mm socket method Brown. Until then it stays in bits. 🙁

Rockplough
    Free Member

Found an old bit of pipe and bashed the seals in. Rebuilt and all seems well. Thanks again for your replies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HELP! – Coil Rev 426 service, do I have the right parts?’ is closed to new replies.