Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Help.. cocked up my PC
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Bluetooth mouse has been working fine for a year or so. Then suddenly stopped.

It can be discovered, but can’t be connected to. So I did the ‘uninstall drivers’ thing and selected ‘delete drivers from system’ assuming it would re-download them, but it can’t! So now I have no drivers. The drivers are also not available for download on the internet anywhere.

Microsoft Designer Bluetoth Mouse, Windows 7.

Any ideas?

molgrips
    Free Member

HID driver part of bluetooth stack? Download Lenovo bluetooth driver?

martinhutch

Silly question: Have you taken the dongle out and plugged it back in again?

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Have you shut down the computer and turned it back on again?

molgrips
    Free Member

No dongle.

Cougar

Lenovo? Do you use Lenovo Update?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes and yes.

Didn’t come up with anything about bluetooth though.

Uninstalled ‘bluetooth radio’ (Intel) from the device manger, it then re-discovered the un-drivered device and tried to re-install it with Realtek drivers that I’d had previously. That came up with one tick and a load of red crosses – but is now no longer in my DM at all.

Now downloading all three bluetooth drivers from Lenovo ❓

bikebouy
    Free Member

#Apple

molgrips
    Free Member

That ^^^ is 95% of the reason I don’t have a Mac.

avdave2

Bit of a disappointing thread, not really a chance to post “you have got everything backed up of course haven’t you” 🙂

Cougar

I’m assuming it’s an internal BT card and not a dongle?

mattyfez

Odd. Have you checked windows update, with it being Microsoft it should just work.

Does it show up in device manager?

Also it’s Bluetooth, is the battery flat /knackered?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Batteries flat? As Mattyfez has just said.

mattyfez

A year sounds about right if the battery has not been recharged or replaced..

molgrips
    Free Member

Batteries changed.

Mouse/HID driver was indeed part of the bluetooth stack, so now it’s back. I see a HID device listed and also a Mouse listed under mice (in addition to the usual pointer). But the mouse icon in ‘devices and printers’ is greyed out.

I hope it’s not broken.. have not had it long. I will be

very

cross

if it is.

Bit of a disappointing thread, not really a chance to post “you have got everything backed up of course haven’t you”

😆

I have, as it happens 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

According to the ‘services’ tab on the device in devices and printers, it’s not offering any services. It’s not looking good, is it?

mattyfez

It might be just faulty, unusual for a mouse but stranger things have happened at sea.

Do you have another mouse you can try?

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a bluetooth mouse fail before.

I have no other mouse or PC otherwise I’d have tried those combinations.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    #Apple

#Banana

Greybeard
    Free Member

System restore should put the original driver back if you need to. Can other Bluetooth devices communicate with the PC?

mattyfez

bikebouy – Member
    #Apple
    #Banana

All the pros use wired mice anyway.

oink1
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    #Apple

This. Turn magic mouse on & it connects. Simples 😀

leffeboy

I have a few lenovo machines and without fail all of the Bluetooth mice stopped working with them over time. Eventually I gave up trying to find out why and just replaced the mice with mice with dongles. It felt like giving in but was way more cost effective as they just worked.

Never did find a reliable way of keeping Bluetooth mice connected 🙁

Three_Fish
    Free Member

trolgrips got trolled.

spooky_b329

I’ve got a Lenovi, off to see if my mouse will setup without the dongle!

zilog6128

Plus it’s hard to bollocks them up & have to spend half a day sorting them out, so you’d need to find a new hobby 8)

Twodogs

My bluetooth mouse used to stop working periodically on my Viao….I updated the Intel Proset/wireless network adapter (the intel site has a tool to check which one you should use) and that fixed it.

(Tho my Sony bluetooth mouse did just stop working completely eventually…logitech one has been perfect)

molgrips
    Free Member

Mouse didn’t work with my Surface, until I changed the batteries, now it’s fine.

So it’s something to do with this W7 PC and its bluetooth stack.

Bluetooth keyboard also works fine with the W7 PC.

Cougar

Gotta love the fanboys. Solution to “my ten quid mouse doesn’t work” is “buy a £1500 Mac.” Good work guys, you never fail to disappoint.

System Restore ^^ is a good shout. TBH, I’ve never had a Bluetooth mouse that wasn’t shite. Logitech Nano all the way.

molgrips
    Free Member

System restore didn’t fix it.. at least, it didn’t appear to. The Microsoft mouse and keyboard center thingy seemed corrupted after the restore, so I re-installed THAT and the mouse now works.

I think MMKC comes with some HID type drivers although it doesn’t actually recognise these specific devices.

I’ve never had a Bluetooth mouse that wasn’t shite.

They are improving significantly over time. Works very well with the Surface; with the Lenovo this one rarely drops out, and when it does it reconnects on its own. But I think that’s Lenovo’s fault.

plyphon
    Free Member

This. Turn magic mouse on & it connects. Simples

Except for that 6 month or so period where they cocked up OS and they would disconnect every 5 minutes. Was ready to chuck the whole thing out the window at that point.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Help.. cocked up my PC’ is closed to new replies.