Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help: Chopwell Woods DH Trailhead?
  • billiethedog

New to County Durham and have been googling local trails. Apparently there is a DH course at Chopwell woods, can anyone help me out locating the start of the course?

Cheers

billiethedog

Top Man! Cheers.

spudly1979
    Free Member

I wouldn’t consider powerline to be a downhill trail though, it’s a reasonably fun course with some nice rollers and a few drop offs you can jump, but certainly not downhill level.

My in laws live about twenty minutes away and it’s a good course to do lots of laps on as its pretty short. I’ve not really explored much of the forest though, so there may be more trails lurking elsewhere?

teethgrinder

Tons of other stuff in Chops. Powerline is a bit ‘meh’ really.

If you have lights, there are a bunch of us who ride on a thursday night (wife schedule permitting), and I’ll be there Sunday morning. And possibly Sat, if my hangover isn’t too bad.

billiethedog

Cheers, no light though I’m afraid.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Going for the obvious and will suggest hamsterley rather than chopwell, there’s the red routes, black route, downhill tracks and i think there’s some ‘off piste’ stuff

billiethedog

Cheers Alpine. I’m a regular at hamsterly at the moment, but Chopwell is on the way home from work so has good potential for dropping in on the way home once the clocks change.

alpineharry
    Free Member

OK, i see, there used to be a lot of secret stuff, although i never rode it myself, i did here they got destroyed by the Forestry Commission.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Where abouts are you based, I’m probably not too far away? Keep meaning to explore Chopwell.

The Strava heat map thing is pretty good for working out where you can ride locally btw.

teethgrinder

There’s a few of us there at 0845 tomorrow…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help: Chopwell Woods DH Trailhead?’ is closed to new replies.