Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • help choosing a front derailleur
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

I need a front derailleur that when you attatch it the bolt that tightens it onto the frame is not on the left side. I have a pace 405 and when the suspension compresses the back triangle is fouling on the bolt that holds the derailleur on can anyone help me please. at present i have an xt one its bottom pull conventional 34.9. Any help greatly appreciated

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i think on the xt one i have which is the new model i thinkl the bolt protrudes quite a bit so moght be able to get away with one that fastens on the left so long as its quite flush with seat tube just dont know which one help

Nick
    Swiftacular
    Free Member

Why not an E-type?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hows it going John was Spain good?

You up for a ride tomorrow?

SlowJohn
    Free Member

alright andy yeah spain was cracking mate i postedn some pictures on here yesterday yeah should make tomorrow at the pub?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea 8.30 at the park house.

Can you raise or lower the mech so it wont catch but will still work.

Is this what you have?

You could try the top swing SLX one that might help. If you can mount one of them because of the lower rocker.

coatesy
    Free Member

Never really notice which model, but some shimano mechs have the clamp bolt mounted further forward than others. I’ve noticed this because it makes my T handle key foul on the down tube.(they also point the cable clamp bolt right at the back tyre so you can’t easily get a key in there, brilliant eh?)Don’t know if it’ll do the job but might be worth investigating.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘help choosing a front derailleur’ is closed to new replies.