Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help!!! Centerlock rotor tool…
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of centerlock Cx wheels and the front wheel is 15mm but can’t tighten the lockring as not wide enough.to fit over the axle. Can someone post a link on which tool to buy. Much appriciated.

solarider
    Free Member

That link is for a standard CL lockring (which is the same as a cassette). For a 15mm hub, you need the same as a Shimano external bottom bracket tool (assuming you have the lockrings that came with the hubs rather than the lockrings that came with the rotors). The lockrings that come with the rotors generaly won’t fit oversized axles. Something like this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-bb-spanner-for-hollowtech-ii-cups/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360069094&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=5360069094uk&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Accessories&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7Cs2I09hXK5_dm%7Cpcrid%7C71714696822%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cprd%7C5360069094uk

Bikepimp
    Free Member

My wheels didn’t come with lockrings…only when purchased with the rotors.

hatter

For a 15mm thru axle you’ll need an external spline lockring like this:

I suspect you may be trying use a standard lockring like this

I which case I’m afraid you need the other type, the deore versions are about £4 each.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

The lockring fits over the axle it’s just that I can’t tighten it on:-(

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Cheers hatter..I’ve got the one below as you’ve shown.

solarider
    Free Member

So much easier with pictures! Yep, that’s right. You will need the top one rather than the bottom one that you have for a 15mm axle. In which case you will need a tool similar to the one in my link if you don’t already have a bb tool. You will need the spanner rather than the type that fits over the whole bb. That won’t get over the axle to reach the CL lockring unfortunately.

I though that the hubs should have come with lockrings since they are not the type that the rotors come with. Might be one to take up with whoever sold you the hubs/wheels although the replacements are not expensive. I have the XTR versions (came with the hubs) which are identical to the Deore version in all but colour.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Solarider many thanks for your help and will take it up with my dealer. No mention that I’d need it at all. Hatter managed to get one ordered up and paid express delivery so should get it tomorrow. Fortunately I’ve got the tool to tighten it. Many thanks for all your help.

benpinnick

The lockring should have come with the hub, so if the dealer sold you the wheels I would be asking them for one free.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Guys got the correct lockring and fitted a treat. Thanks for your help 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help!!! Centerlock rotor tool…’ is closed to new replies.