Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help -cannot fit my tyre!
  • fisherforthewin
    Free Member

Hey, I Have DT Swiss rims which came with maxxis minions. Wanting to change them to high rollers but has taken 5 hours and 6 broken/bent tyre levers to remove the minion and I’m no where near fitting the high roller! Looked on the forums and people have suggested soap and the ‘correct technique’ neither of which I could find a description of…. Any tips?! Extremely grateful for any help!

ryderredman
    Free Member

Have you pushed the bead away from the inner walls of the rims? There’s loads of videos that are available on your favourite neighbourhood video website!

tonyd

I think most tubeless rims have a channel down the middle, you need to try to get the tyre beads into this channel before trying to lever one part out. It’s still tight but the channel just about gives enough extra room to get a bead off.

scotroutes

Start with the bit of bead opposite the valve.
    Make sure this is in the “well” of the rim.
    Keep squeezing the rim into the well as you work both hands back towards the valve.
    Pop the rim onto the bead at the valve, make sure the valve isn’t trapped under the bead and inflate.

fisherforthewin
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I did eventually get the minion off, it’s the fitting in really struggling with!

althepal

I was the same with my Rovsls and NNics- the centre channel is your friend as mentioned above!

mulv1976
    Free Member

As well as the above (making sure the beads are sitting inside the central channel), I found warming the tyre slightly on an oil radiator helped.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some dt rims are a pita regardless of the proper techniques being used.

CraigW
    Free Member

One of these tools can be useful for fitting tight tyres: Simson Tyre Mate http://www.dotbike.com/p/3845

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help -cannot fit my tyre!’ is closed to new replies.