Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help! Cane Creek DB Air sucking down
  • chillidave
    Free Member

During the latter part of my last ride I notice a lot of pedals hits, checked the shock and all pressures were fine. Looking at it now the 63mm stroke is not only 50mm when I have it at my usual air pressure (105psi).

If I take air out the shock shortens, add it the shock lengthens. I assume air or something else has got in to the negative chamber.

Is there anything that can be done at home or does it need to be sent off to a pro? Any help very gratefully received.

Cheers,
    David

chillidave
    Free Member

A little update bump.

I’ve fully depressurised the shock and tried to cycle it to release the pressure from the negative air without success. The shock sucks down to its minimum length. Is there any danger in running the shock at higher pressure than usual for one ride to counteract the negative spring?

Cheers

julians
    Free Member

Mine sucked down in the alps last year, so I just put more air in the get it back to about 75% travel and it was fine for the remaining two days. Sent it off to tft uned when I got back and they repaired it,been fine since then.

chillidave
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I’ll do that until TF return from Christmas holiday. 🙂

RickDraper
    Free Member

Buy the seals and O-Rings and follow this guide maybe?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/cane-creek-double-barrel-air-air-can-service-942272.html

Saves on the cost of a full rebuild when all you need to do is a air can service.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help! Cane Creek DB Air sucking down’ is closed to new replies.