Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HELP! bike squeak and I cant find it
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

Ok I have a 2004 sworks enduro and recently it has started squeaking and its really friggin annoying. So heres the deal… noise is coming from somwhere down near the bb, the noise is only during pedalling but only when seated?? When I stand up to pedal there is no noise! Ive tried removing the bb and checking it over and its fine no problems with that. I even wrapped the threads in plumbers tape to help seat it.

Noise isnt constant and is less serious when the bike is clean…any ideas??? Its driving me mad

Rorschach
    Free Member

The seat?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ear plugs.

After that
    Saddle
    Rear bearings
    the bearings in the stays
    cracked and creaking chain stays
    Cranks
    Shock Bushings
    pedals
    seat post/clamp
    anything that moves.

I went looking for a squeak on my heckler yesterday ended by finding a collapsed bearing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d say its the seat rails too.. Or the union between the actual seat and the rails. Perhaps they are worn out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Seat rails, seat post, seat qr. Also check the welds carefully around the seat tube. My 2003 enduro cracked at the tt / seat tube weld. My 2004 enduro pro replacement is still going strong.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Mmhh saddle is brand new so dont think its worn out rails I might try dropping it off and try re fitting it. I was kinda thinking bearing or the main pivot by the bb

bryan-g-

Seat post moving in the frame and wee bits of dirt moving between post and frame.

toppers3933
    Free Member

what bryan says. that is your starter for 10. crap gets cown the seat tube and it starts to creak. remove post, get a long bottle brushwith degreaser on it turn the bike upside down or at least enough to let any crap drain out and scrub down the seat tube. clean the post and smear a bit o grease down the seat tube. insert post and see if its still doing it. then try post/saddle interface. they are the easiest ones to start with.

marrv
    Free Member

sometimes I end up riding around the street with gt85 in my hand giving one bit at a time a squirt until it goes. hope it is pedals/saddle and not a weld failure.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If it stops when you stand up its likely to be seat related.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HELP! bike squeak and I cant find it’ is closed to new replies.