Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help: Bent dropouts/ leg on a new fork-what to do? (just had steerer cut down)
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I should have checked before I paid for them. Kona P2 disc forks.

I bought some forks from LBS, 2 days later went to 2 LBS to have crown and star fangled nut fitted.

Noticed I had to put a lot of thread on my QR to close the legs even so my dropouts/left fork leg are facing inwards and won’t rest or close against the hub. I’m not going to ven try to correct it with a set of mole grips.

Result: faulty fork and lost out on group ride.

I’ve had the steerer cut by a 2nd LBS. Can I still ask for an exchange from the 1st LBS for supplying me faulty fork from Kona?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! 👿

spooky_b329

I’d have thought so…cutting the steerer is to be expected. They are faulty, if you’d just changed your mind it would be different.

If you think they’ll get funny, there’s no need to mention a rival shop did the cutting.

Can’t imagine the disc mount is aligned properly if they are that twisted.

markenduro
    Free Member

i had the same issue with a pair of p2s. Ask for a replacement if there are no obvious signs of damage they should replace them. If not you have a perfect weapon to own them with, even though it doesn’t sound as good as owning them with bombers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Faulty goods should go back to the shop you bought them from for replacement. If the dropoouts don’t line up properly its a clear manufacturing fault.

Don’t accept that they have to go back to the manufacturer – your contract is with the shop you bought them from and its the shops responsibility to replace faulty goods.

Google for “sale of goods act” and check the advice given by BERR

zaskar
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone.

(looks as thought the whole right leg (bike drive side) is bent out and facing inwards like a incorrect moulding at the factory.

Had one of those days that everying could go-went wrong.

zaskar
    Free Member

markenduro – Member
    i had the same issue with a pair of p2s. Ask for a replacement if there are no obvious signs of damage they should replace them. If not you have a perfect weapon to own them with, even though it doesn’t sound as good as owning them with bombers

Last night I would have been tempted to own them for satisfaction. 😆

No sign of damage, just signs of odd casting when examined with a front wheel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help: Bent dropouts/ leg on a new fork-what to do? (just had steerer cut down)’ is closed to new replies.