Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Help! Been asked to a cottage for a Easter by a couple we don't really know. WTF
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thing is, she's very hot and I think mrs deadly would fancy him in another life…but I've jokingly suggested "Do you think they might be….y'know, swingers?" and she's absolutely not into the idea at all…and even if she was, I don't think she'd ever admit it.

We've only met these people socially a few times and were at a dinner thing at their house once…so we're kinda worried now about their intentions…as they're not close friends of ours.

Are there any signs we should watch out for? There's only the four of us so a glas bowl with car keys isn't really going to happen. What other warning signs are there?

Surely something like this has happened a fellow STWer before…

ononeorange

Just go and report back on here when you come back!!

mtbfix

Maybe they just liked you and share interests? Maybe they have no other friends? Maybe they have lured everyone else they know socially to their murky, exploited death and you are last on the list?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

What a fantastic world we live in where the nice deeds of someone are considered in a negative term. Of course, I'd wonder the same thing so I'm sad at my own mental state too 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

**** em

thomthumb
    Free Member

are they in a new area? some people are very pro-active at finding new friends.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the nice deeds of someone are considered in a negative term

Jeez, I'm far from negative about it…note where I said:

Thing is, she's very hot

Maybe they just liked you and share interests?

That's true…we have a lot of common, similar sports etc. But…

Maybe they have no other friends?

Nope, they have lots!!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I remember (only too clearly) stopping off at a mates house for a brew after we'd been out on the road bikes. Whilst drinking the aforementioned brew, he showed me their most recent photographs. I was expecting holiday photos or something. They werent, and his wife was sat at the other side of me, eagerly awaiting my verdict. What are you supposed to say in that situation? 😳

binners

Don't sit down Lynn. These are sex people!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

AFD stops at 12pm silly!

Marge
    Free Member

Had a similar thing with a couple we barely knew but we found out from anoher friend that it was because they had booked a nice villa and the couple they were originally planning to share with had to cancel.

If they are offering you to share for free maybe your initial concern is right 🙂

vinnyeh

I remember (only too clearly) stopping off at a mates house for a brew after we'd been out on the road bikes. Whilst drinking the aforementioned brew, he showed me their most recent photographs. I was expecting holiday photos or something. They werent, and his wife was sat at the other side of me, eagerly awaiting my verdict. What are you supposed to say in that situation?

Had a similar situation when a colleague bought a photo album into work a few years back. We all expected holiday snaps, but no chance. Never had met/did meet his wife, thank god. What is it with the English?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I remember muttering some half arsed comments about what lens did he use, etc. I've never drunk a cup of tea so quickly. It's not as though I'm naive or prudish, just that, well, what are you supposed to say? Thats a very attractive vagina love? FFS, I DONT WANT TO LOOK AT YOUR WIFE WITH HER ANKLES BEHIND HER NECK!

Bregante

About 15 years ago my then wife to be and I were invited out for a meal by a husband and wife who were very wealthy clients of hers (she was in the wholesale clothing trade). At the meal, they had invited two other couples, both of whom were obviously loaded as well. They were all probably in their mid forties – we were early to mid 20's.

Anyway, after a very nice meal we were invited back to the house that belonged to one of the couples, a huge place with a pool, gymkhana field for the owners daughter to practice with her pony, tennis courts – you get the idea.

Well, the missus and me were obviously impressed. two working class kids who'd just bought their first house. All eight of us went into the "games room", which was above the pool in a seperate building away from the house and that's where things got weird. There was a sauna in there and in minutes the other six had their kit off and piled in.

The missus and me were a bit reluctant but succumbed after a bit of encouragement but when it became a free for all in the sauna (and outside in the rest of the games room) the pair of us shat ourselves and couldn't get out of there quick enough. 😳 we still laugh about it now!!

The customers still deal with her now and didn't seem in the least embarrassed 😀

clubber
    Free Member

You rude git. I don't know, we do something nice and invite some people we thought seemed like a decent bunch that we got on well with for a nice break and they accuse us of being swingers?! Seriously GRRRRR 😈

Besides you're an ugly git and definitely not my or my wife's type.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Man or mouse?
    Get Mrs D very drunk and tell her she's having it.
    Video cam on to impress mates when you become single again(if you're lucky!)
    You only live once 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I thought we were friends clubber. You've never invited me and Mrs ADH out to your craven cottage of carnal delights. What has darcy got that I haven't eh?

clubber
    Free Member

A six-pack

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If they are offering you to share for free maybe your initial concern is right

Bingo! It's a cottage that belongs to their "friends" who happen to be away…

Besides you're an ugly git and definitely not my or my wife's type.

Funny you should pop up clubber, there is a major rowing connection. Oh, and not from the way she looks at me down the club…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

craven cottage

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A six-pack

😯 😀

Waxing and polishing it as we speak…

clubber
    Free Member

Funny you should pop up clubber, there is a major rowing connection. Oh, and not from the way she looks at me down the club…

Now you've got me really confused…

molgrips
    Free Member

I remember muttering some half arsed comments about what lens did he use

Lol!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Now you've got me really confused…

You're a rower (or ex) aren't you? That's the connection between us.

clubber
    Free Member

Right…

clubber
    Free Member

Didn't you join Ariel? – see, I warned you… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Didn't you join Ariel? – see, I warned you…

You did indeed…not complaining though 🙂

phinbob

What headcam for…..

TooTall
    Free Member

If you are near Bristol, can you persuade them to come down to the Bike Jumble on Saturday? We could all gawp at them and offer loud judgement for you.

Drac

If she walks in the room with a 12" strapon whatever you do don't put your shoes on, just run bending down to put them on is the last thing you want to do.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Drac, I'll take it like a man. 🙂

scaredypants

maybe ask if they think you'll get any riding in ?

project
    Free Member

They may just be freindly, and want some company over easter to read the bible or smething

DickBarton

He was to do you…and his wife has thoughts of Arlington Road towards your possessions!

Talkemada
    Free Member

They may just be freindly, and want some company over easter to read the bible or smething

Could very well be, and you lot are thinking up smutty filthiness. Shame on you. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Could very well be, and you lot are thinking up smutty filthiness. Shame on you.

I was surprised myself T.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Barnsley mitch – all manner of weird abuse seems to happen to you – weren't your intestines supposed to have been flayed by now..? 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Pecked at by birds I think, rather than flayed. Still better than having to look at pictures of furry front bottoms under such odd circumstances. 😕

Kevevs
    Free Member

sure you're not getting any and just dreaming up possibilities. Nothing wrong with positive thinking!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Help! Been asked to a cottage for a Easter by a couple we don't really know. WTF’ is closed to new replies.