Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help – Avid juicy 7 lever removal replacement
  • bobalong
    Free Member

Can anyone shed any light on how to replace my Avid levers.

It might be easy but i don’t know where to start.

Also, has anyone got a spare 185mm rotor going spare?

Cheers,

Rob

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Standard juicys? easy, just makesure if you’re reusing the old grubscrew that holds in the pivot, that you re-loctite it, or the pivot will fall out, which is a right shi**er when youre 20 miles from home,(bitter experience)
    Something along the lines of remove grubscrew, drop out pivot, then unscrew reach adjuster till it comes off, or something (been a while).
    If you are replacing them, i must recommend straitline levers, make a hell of a difference.
    Any help?

JamieMc
    Free Member

Have a wee read through the relvant PDF on the SRAM/Avid webpage (link below)

http://www.sram.com/en/service/avid/tech_manuals.php

I completely stripped and serviced my Ultimates following the instructions on there and it was quite straight forward. I found it quite satisfying and it gives you a better understanding of how your brakes work. which is handy when something goes t*ts up on the trail.

bobalong
    Free Member

Cheers Swiftacular, especially for the loctite reference. I’ll sort it after my ride tonight.

I’ve got the shiny black Straitliine levers in my office now. BLING!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ah, not as bling as my gold ones. A lot of money for levers, but they really do transform the brake.

bobalong
    Free Member

Cheers JamieMC – that info looks pretty easy to follow. I know what you mean about stripping your components, it’s nice to know how to fix them.

Swiftacular – very nice set up. Gold is about as special as you can get, but my bike’s orange and wouldn’t look pretty.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help – Avid juicy 7 lever removal replacement’ is closed to new replies.