Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Help – any good party games for a 5 year old birthday party?
  • ski
    Free Member

Apart from pass the parcel 😉

My Mrs has invited 30+ little ones & guess who has to control them all for two hours! 😯

Just wondering if any parents had seen any fun/different party games for that age group?

[Got a feeling posting this might be a mistake here, but what the hell]

😉

binners

30+? 30+?!!! Seriously?!!!!

Sweet Jesus!!! What on earth was she thinking? May the lord have mercy on your soul. Thats all I can say. Whatever games you’re planning on playing, they’ll just be busy recreating the riots.

i’d recommend checking the small print on your contents insurance. Oh… and good luck

philconsequence
    Free Member

sleeping lions

hide and shut-up

ski
    Free Member

binners – Member

30+? 30+?!!! Seriously?!!!!

Sweet Jesus!!! What on earth was she thinking? May the lord have mercy on your soul. Thats all I can say. Whatever games you’re planning on playing, they’ll just be busy recreating the riots

LOL

Her words were ‘well I am going to be busy feeding them all, so you are in charge of the entertainment’

So after a diet of sunny delight and sugary cack, I did think about a game of dodge ball, that might cut the numbers down a bit 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Reminds me of the Frankie Boyle joke that went along the lines of “We once had a magician at a child’s birthday party. He made my pal’s sister disappear. We still haven’t found her!” 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

wear them out if you’re one of thems posh growd ups with a garden, wheelbarrow races etc ?

Raymond

British Bulldog! but seriously if they are anything like my lot you might as well just let them run around like idiots. Its what they really want to do anyway. Provide a few toys, balls etc. then just let them get on with it. If anyone complains call it “imagination stimulation play” or some other b@@@@@@s.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pass the parcel.

Musical chairs.

Hide the sausage.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I know its not the done thing but has to be worth £60 in Maccy D’s and save the house 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hide and Don’t Seek?

ski
    Free Member

lol, someone from here has just emailed me..

Spin the Bottle

Come on own up?

sobriety
    Free Member

Hide the sausage.

You wrongle!

Duck duck goose.
    Jump jimmy knacker

TheFlyingOx

Sardines?

Kind of a reverse hide-and-seek.

Send one off to hide, then as each kid finds the hider they squeeze into the hiding place as well. Ends up with a lone kid roaming around in tears, and all the rest nicely wedged into the box cupboard under the stairs and therefore unable to move.

AndyRT
    Free Member

we hired a local hall and a magician, and it went down a storm! Everyone loved it. I have no idea where you’re from, but happy to pass the details if you’re interested.

binners

Raymond is bang on. You’ve got absolutely zero chance of marshaling 30+ kids. To even try is just a request for a breakdown. Pass the parcel? Nah thanks. We’re torturing next doors cat, then seeing who can put the most cheese strings into a plug socket

Just let them go mental. They will do anyway. Then scope the house like a Colditz guard trying to stop the worst of the vandalism

philconsequence
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfpggkuRJw[/video]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Where are you based? Someone I know has just set up a business hiring out indoor and outdoor toys for parties.

PTR
    Free Member

Book a hall and a bouncy castle, nothing else needed.

yossarian
    Free Member

30? Is that all? Piece of piss

Bouncy castle in garden and 3 games all running concurrently in different areas of the house; Pass the parcel, musical statues & what’s the time mister wolf

Then food

Then kiddie disco and more bouncy castle

Then kick em out

Diane
    Free Member

Hmmm OK this could be a disaster if you don’t plan it. 30 excited 5 year olds will take some sorting. If it’s at outside in the garden then no problems but at home 😯

Think about a made up game of lying as still as you can or something similar for as long as possible for a prize for if they get over excited. You’ll need to build this one up and have some strategy for the ones who are ‘out’ GOOD LUCK and let us know how it goes 😆

Cletus

My daughter was five last month and we had a party for her and 14 others at home.

We hired a bouncy castle for £65. It was not quite big enough for all the kids so we had some balls and hula hoops which kept them all occupied.

Re. organised games I bought a couple of pinatas from Asda, stuffed them with sweets, and hung them on the washing line for the kids to hit – that went down well.

We also played musical statues which was just about ok with 15 but would be problematical with 30.

If you are doing food it might be an idea to do two serving giving you two groups of 15.

Good luck – I hope that the weather is ok for you.

petrieboy

Piñata is fun if your handy with the paper mâché, fill it with sweets and toys
    Ballon modelling is easy and cheap – 100 balloons from eBay and an hour spent researching on YouTube and your sorted (I do a pretty mean giraffe)
    Pass the parcel and musical chairs are popular because they work, but when you need to calm them down read them a story (but you need to do the voices to hold their attention)
    But 30 of them?? Seriously. Good luck!!

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm – ISTR you’re local to me, and mine’s off to a 5th birthday party on Saturday…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Pass the parcel (might need two groups though)..

Pin the tail on the donkey.

ski
    Free Member

OK…

Like the idea of a bouncy castle so booked a local one, plus one of the parents has a face painting business she runs on the side, so that means I can clear all the old paint cans from the shed – sorted. 😉

Thanks for all the ideas btw.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Like the idea of a bouncy castle so booked a local one

Don’t forget to get St John’s Ambulance to attend then 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

so that means I can clear all the old paint cans from the shed – sorted

Genuine lol’age.

What about cage fighting? Seems to be quite in vogue and with a few cases of cheap beer you can keep the parents entertained too. You’ve got a bouncy castle, might as well use it. 30 kids will give a decent elimination type event and with the introduction of a cheeky betting system you could very well end up turning a nice little profit – double sorted!

philconsequence
    Free Member

‘Skis Bouncy Fighty Academy’

DezB
    Free Member

er, no ideas. Just late with a joke 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

cage fighting?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Help – any good party games for a 5 year old birthday party?’ is closed to new replies.