Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HELP- Aluminium post stuck in Carbon frame (Devinci Wilson frame/EA70 post).
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Morning all,

Yesterday I viewed a bike I was very set on buying. It’s a great spec and price and I was all set to lay some money down when I said I’d like to raise the post a little to the position I’d have it in when I’m riding it.

It wouldn’t budge! The seller said he had no idea why but he hadn’t moved it in most likely 2yrs since he bought/built the bike.

I’ve read lots online about it but was wondering what people here thought? I don’t want to drop a load of cash and then trash the frame trying to move it.

The seller was gutted but said worst case he’ll just keep it and ride it as it is (as he has for the last 2yrs).

I’m just worried about oils etc damaging the CF further.

Any info appreciated!

wwaswas

Point the seller at http://www.theseatpostman.com/home and don’t buy until it’s sorted.

MadBillMcMad

as wwaswas says – I can 100% reccomend theseatpostman.

He undid a stuck seatpost in my carbon frame.
    I did need a new seatpost but that is small beer.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks gents, I’ll try and knock the price of that off the bike.

globalti
    Free Member

The aluminium has oxidised and aluminium oxide occupies much more space than the metal so has jammed the post in solid. It’s not as much of a problem as alloy in a steel frame but care is needed when extracting it as twisting the frame around the post can easily damage the frame.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Cheers all. I decided against the bike after all.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HELP- Aluminium post stuck in Carbon frame (Devinci Wilson frame/EA70 post).’ is closed to new replies.