Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help – Advice on Camera choice please ?
  • caledonia
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new camera as my mobile now takes better photo’s than my compact Kodak.
    I’ve been looking at Fujifilm S1000fd but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

So, anyone offer any advice on a camera which sports the following…
    around £100, can push it a little for the right one.
    Most important is great pictures (color, sharpness, depth)
    Mainly pics of Family, Landscapes, and Disneyland in the summer !
    Looking for it to have a ‘Burst’ mode also.

I know Megapixels ain’t all that matters, so your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    – Cale

caledonia
    Free Member

Or – the Cannon A590 or 720 IS ??

tomzo
    Free Member

I was quite disappointed with the a580, not sure how much better the a590 is… Felt horribly cheap and plasticky, and the pictures were slightly disappointing.

If i were you, I’d hunt around for a Canon Ixus 75 or 85. Im sure you could find one near £100

Some reviews to have a browse of

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digitalcameras/search/06-1/rating/compact/rating-digitalcameras.htm

dooge
    Free Member

Latest Canon A590 also feels cheap and plasticky. I think as well that the A480 is the worst naffest rubbishy feeling digital camera on the market, seconded only by some Tesco own Technikas!

little Ixus camera’s are brilliant, normally reliable and picture quality is one of the highest in its range.

caledonia
    Free Member

Bump* Anyone else with a recommendation ?

Off to look at the Ixus, on further investigation last night, the A range from cannon got disappointing results on image quality.

Sim

Panasonic seem to be producing some great little cameras at the moment, worth a look.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have just (today) taken delivery of a Canon Ixux 90IS – £145 from PC World. On first play it looks very nice – only x3 optical zoom, but apart from that it is very good. Quick shutter, lovely big screen, without setting it up at all I got some very good results pointing it at things in the office. Flash seems to work nicely.

caledonia
    Free Member

Ok – Anyone for the Canon Powershot SX110is ?

PePPeR

We all gave some input on this subject the other day, there may be some useful information here for you.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/compact-cameras

caledonia
    Free Member

Thanks PePPeR,
    I’m banned from MTB websites at work :?and may have missed the thread.
    Cheers.
    Off to Look at IXUS.

dooge
    Free Member

The SX110 is nice, but takes only normal AA batteries limiting it a bit…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help – Advice on Camera choice please ?’ is closed to new replies.