Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP – ADVENTURE BIKE GEO ADVICE
  • christoff
    Free Member

hello chaps / chapettes – need a bit of advice about geo on some bikes i have ben looking at

Speech AWOL
    Marin four corners
    Genesis Vagabond
    Kona Sutra

i am normally a 58cm TT and 200mm HT sort of guy i.e. 6’2 and inside leg 34

but a lot of the Large sizes i am looking at have a TT of 20+mm longer than i usually ride, i also appreciate the stems are shorter due to a more off road bias and therefore a more active front en but i need some help as to which sizes to opt for.

Genesis – looking at large 593mm TT but should i go for an XL with a 614mm TT ?

Marin – similar challenge – Medium has a 575 TT but the large has a 600m TT , but comes with a 70mm stem whereas i ride a 120mm stem for general gravel & road riding

any help appreciated

cheers

brant
    Free Member

Means little without seat angle/seat post/reach info.

brant
    Free Member

I’d go longer TT and shorter stem than a road bike.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How are they meant to be ridden? What sort of terrain?

If you’re just riding fire roads then I’d size it like your road bike.

A longer TT/wheelbase should feel a bit more stable if you’re planning on hossin it over rough stuff.

oliverracing

Just to put it this way, on my cx bikes I have 100 and 110mm stems and my home built “adventure” Monstercross I have a 80mm stem – I found the wider flared drops worked a lot better with the shorter stem and longer top tube

slparsons
    Free Member

OP-I’m the same height as you and would be looking at XL in the Genesis Vagabond and the Specialized AWOl.

christoff
    Free Member

cheers all, and agree think XL is probably best or could put longer stem on the smaller one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP – ADVENTURE BIKE GEO ADVICE’ is closed to new replies.