Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Help! A rock wrecked my bike!
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Up in the peaks today, rock smashed through rear mech, breaking for sure the mech, chain, a spoke, mech hanger and maybe damaged the frame?

Here’s some pictures, I can fix the mech & chain easy enough.

How much for a new spoke, mech hanger and how badly damaged is the frame?

If the frames knackered, what are my options?

daver27
    Free Member

just looks like the mech hanger has done its job and ripped off, £15 to £20 for a new one and bolt it on. easy.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hope so mate, anyone know where to get one for a Cannondale Trigger 2 Carbon?

fathomer

Made a mess of that 😀

As above, frame looks ok but I’m no expert. Spoke might be an issue as Mavic’s usually use proprietary (is that the right word) spokes which can be a ball ache to get hold of.

Edit: have a look here, then google the number for the relevant hangar.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

anyone know where to get one for a Cannondale Trigger 2 Carbon?

A Cannondale dealer, perhaps? 😉

Looks like the hanger worked for you there. Lucky!

stevied
    Free Member

Try qwerty cycles for the hanger

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Acycles should be able to help with the spokes

Acycles

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Acycles Any bike shop should be able to help with the spokes

FTFY.

😉

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Belting, thanks so much everyone, spokes & chain ordered, waiting on email reply from qwerty cycles and looking at it I actually think I can repair the mech with a cage I’ve got in the shed.

thepodge
    Free Member

You know why it happened don’t you?

You called it the peaks not the Peak, it knows and it will punish you

globalti
    Free Member

Good bike shops like Ilkley Cycles have a stock of Mavic spokes in all the sizes. Best to take the wheel there as a spoke will have stretched before breaking and the lengths vary by a few mm.

BigJohn

So if you do the white peak on Saturday and dark peak on Sunday where did you go for the weekend?

ThePinkster

The Peak District?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So if you do the white peak on Saturday and dark peak on Sunday where did you go for the weekend?

The Peak District, it’s named after a tribe of people, not the modern point/hill meaning, or the fact it’s made up of two areas.

If you go to Leeds in the morning, Sheffield in the afternoon, Hull for tea then Whitby for a fish supper, you’ve not been to the Yorkshires have you?

Pyro

If you go to Leeds in the morning, Sheffield in the afternoon, Hull for tea then Whitby for a fish supper, you’ve not been to the Yorkshires have you?

Well, you’ve been to the four Ridings, or more accurately, three s**tholes and Whitby.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Lots of mech hangers on Ebay

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just be grateful you didn’t have a Grimsby supper.

zilog6128

My local dealer was **** useless when I needed a mech hanger, didn’t seem to know **** all about Cannondales which was odd and not very helpful (although they did try to be fair). Ended up getting a couple of spare hangers from cannondalespares.com

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

If you find a hanger let me know where. I’ve had no success trying to find one at all.

zilog6128

You need a KP173, the website I mentioned above has a 3rd party one in stock. Worth emailing them if you want an original or more than 1. Couple of German sites seem to have an original in stock.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a few cannondale ones through my LBS, looks the same, they just get them from a 3rd party, might have been northshorebillet.

bruneep
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Help! A rock wrecked my bike!’ is closed to new replies.