Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help! A plea for help to the North East Chapter of STW…
  • bullheart
    Free Member

Evening folks,

Just had a call from my brother-in-law and father-in-law who are currently riding C2C from Northumbria to Cumbria with a mechanical issue. Apparently the brakes are knackered on the bike I lent him (a bad workman…) and the rear has stopped functioning. The brakes are Juicy 7’s, and the issue relates to the spider that holds the pads in; by all accounts it’s knackered, and they’re not too sure of the locality.

They are at the Bowes Hotel in Bardon Mill, although I’m not clear as to whether the route they are taking is a well trodden one (with a plethora of bike shops on route) or if they are ****. They set of tomorrow on the rest of their quest – does anyone know the locality, the availability of parts on a Sunday, or has a bag of Juicy spares they can drop by to them on a white charger? The best solution gets a Team Bullheart cycling top sent to them!

joeyj
    Free Member

I’m not sure of any bike shops nearby but the one in Hexham is closed just in case they diverted there. Hope they get it sorted sorry cant be more help.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Fashion one out of a wire paperclip. Cant be that difficult to do.

Or if push really comes to shove glue the pads to the pistons.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Google search for mobile bicycle repair Newcastle throws up this. http://www.yell.com/biz/cycle-repair-shed-newcastle-upon-tyne-7404723/

bullheart
    Free Member

Excellent suggestions folks, many thanks!

Drac

Bit too far away from me sorry or I’d dropped some pads and spider in.

joshjenkinsshaw
    Free Member

This is afore mentioned brother in law – managed to sort the alfine out but rear brake not looking so good. Bad news about Hexham bike shop. Is there just one there? Will hopefully make it to Tynemouth intact. Thanks bullheart for assistance as always.

paul4stones

Josh. Firstly if you’re doing the C2C you’re lost 😉

Assuming you are doing the Hadrian Cycleway then you’ll be going past my house. I haven’t got any Avid brakes but I have got boxes of other bits and plenty of paperclips. Unfortunately I’m heading out tomorrow to go to the lakes, which means I’ll be heading west towards you but I won’t be in by the time you get here probably.

There are no shops on your route that will be open tomorrow as far as I know.

Mail me on pmyers at talktalk (dot) net if I can do anything!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help! A plea for help to the North East Chapter of STW…’ is closed to new replies.