Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help – 90's Marin Palisades Trail
  • matther01
    Free Member

Looking to try and re-acquire a retro bike that got me into MTBing.

It was matt grey with purple anodised forks, handlebars and stem.

Anyone know the year of manufacture or own one? I think it was 94′ but can’t remember!

Saw an Indian Fire Trail from the same era the other day and it brought back a load of memories (running a set of 1.9 Ritchey Z-maxs…oh the joys!).

willej

Have a look here.

On a pedantic note; the forks, bars and stem weren’t anodised, just painted. You can’t anodise steel. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think they were older than 94. 89 perhaps.
    I had a Palisades, matt grey with yellow forks.

corroded
    Free Member

My first mtb was a Palisades Trail – 89/90 – with grey frame and yellow forks. Think non-UK were other colours.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member
    Marko

My first ever proper Mountain bike – in purple. Sadly it got nicked in Bristol years ago.

I have the invoice from Noah’s Ark dated 31st December 1993. Cost was £486. I have an old school photograph somewhere. If I get the chance I’ll scan it and post it up here.

Hth
    Mark

bullandbladder
    Free Member

grey and yellow was 93 model. Purple was 94.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Muirwoods was yellow, Palisades was green. Grey zolatone with coloured forks/stem was ’90 and ’91, ’92 was satin charcoal with coloured forks/stem/rear end OR zolatone with coloured forks/stem, ’93 was satin grey with coloured accents, ’94 was satin grey with coloured accents and forks.

HTH 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

My first MTB was a 94 Palisades Trail, Champagne Gold with purple forks and stem, I rode it till the frame cracked around the head tube weld, then ATB sales gave me a Pine Mountain frame (much nicer) as a warranty replacement.

matther01
    Free Member

I was wrong…it’s a 93′! I thought it had purple forks but it didn’t, it had a very patriotic USA flag and grey forks.

Thanks folks…found one but don’t know if I can justify the price.

sbob
    Free Member

Retro?
    You want the red one with yellow graphics. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help – 90's Marin Palisades Trail’ is closed to new replies.