Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help: 44mm ID Headset options
  • binno
    Free Member

I need to run taper forks. Anyone able to recommend a cost effective headset for a 44mm head tube kona frame?

I know hope do external cups, however i’m looking to put together a cheaper headset or get a a cheaper top cup (or complete) and a hope bottom cup.

timmys

Nukeproof do one that’s cheaper than the Hope.

z1ppy

A thread I started.. but didn’t follow through on, so can’t really tell you anything much, but some of the comments might help.

binno
    Free Member

Superstar seem to have a complete one that is out of stock.
    Otherwise i’m stuck with hope or a hope base and cheap top end if i can find one.

andyl
    Free Member

You need Hope 2 for the top and H for the bottom. Not sure I see the point in buying a hope bottom and then trying to scrimp on the top.

As the SS is out of stock this is probably your cheapest option: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-warhead-44iets-headset/rp-prod85845

I think Gusset do a pick and mix headset too: http://www.gussetbikes.com/products-information.php?id=HDGUBE34

(2nd one and 2nd to last one I think)

rudedog
    Free Member

There is also the on one smoothie mixer? I ended up going for the hope pick and mix headset, wad just under 50 quid with the 5 pound off voucher.

kamenev
    Free Member

Where did manage to get the hope pick and mix for under £50?

rudedog
    Free Member

CRC with the 5 off voucher. Rutland do each cup for 25.99 also

andyl
    Free Member

I’d just go with the hope. If you buy a different one you just wish you have bought the hope.

coatesy
    Free Member

Also worth looking at M-Part Elite X44 (available via Madison from your LBS, part no HPT505), for £44.95rrp. We’ve fitted a few of their headsets as a cheaper alternative to Hope, and had no problems with them. Pretty sure they run the same size bearings as Hope too, so could be upgraded if they wear out.

breadcrumb

I’ve put a tapered fork on my Unit, I just kept the OE top cup as it was quite new and got the Hope lower H.

I’ll probably get a upper Hope soon, the OE top cup seals let in a lot of shite.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help: 44mm ID Headset options’ is closed to new replies.