Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Help.
  • ip1081
    Free Member

You know me but this is a different ID…

Anyhoos, I went on my GF insurance for one reason or another to help and the tracker shes had in her car for a few years is shoeing her finishing work early and driving about where sher says she hasnt.

I’ve confronted her and she totally denies it, says shes been at work and doesnt know why its saying that?

Shes so convincing and im so faithful im starting to believe her, am i an idiot?

How accurate are the car black boxes? Am I being a mug?

zanelad
    Free Member

Yes.

scotroutes

They are accurate.

You’re being taken for a mug.

ip1081
    Free Member

To add to this I suffer with depression and have anxiety attacks so I want to get this right. I’ll be honest I’m scared shitless.

edward2000
    Free Member

Psychopaths and narcissists are very convincing people. Learn the warning signs and if necessary run a mile. Google is your friend here.

This advice might be useless, it might be the best advice you’ve ever heard.

jekkyl

Does it show her going to one location many times or just all over the place as you suggest?
    Do you have any other reason to think she’s cheating?
    Does she leave her phone lieing around unlocked……. ?

jimdubleyou

Could it be something like AA or GA and she doesn’t want you to know?

ip1081
    Free Member

jekkyl It only shows the last week of movements,
    Only reason is trhere was a very odd incident at Christmas.
    Never.
    I have no idea what AA or GA means?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

How accurate are the car black boxes?

Very.

Am I being a mug?

Yes.

HTH.

allthepies
    Free Member

Alcoholics/Gamblers Anonymous

The tracker won’t lie BTW, your GF on the other hand….

ip1081
    Free Member

?

scotroutes

See, I just wasn’t buying the idea that you “accidentally” stumbled across the journey logs.

If they were always starting and ending in another part of the country then there’s a slight possibility that the account details have been mixed up, but if they’re otherwise accurate then it’s just showing exactly where the car has been.

shermer75
    Free Member

AA is alcoholics anonymous, not sure what GA is

edit: ah, gamblers

shermer75
    Free Member

Learn the warning signs

What are the warning signs?

ip1081
    Free Member

scotroutes, i was actually trying to help her with something. It was totally accidental.

cranberry
    Free Member

The tracker will not be sat in the car thinking up new and interesting journeys that it hasn’t taken, so it is not lying. You now need to work out why your partner is.

Good luck.

jekkyl

you confronted her with only a week’s worth of evidence? now she knows you know she’ll change her ways, should have bided your paranoid time for several months. A week can be explained away as an anomaly.
    What happened at Christmas? come on now, no drip feed…

ip1081
    Free Member

**** off jekkyl

bearnecessities

OPs already said he’s prone to anxiety etc and whilst I’m not familiar with the condition, I’m sure that more considered responses would be of more help peeps.

leffeboy

come on now, no drip feed

I think it’s going to be one of those threads

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X11bIZz0Rn4[/video]

…but seriously, you may have shown your hand a bit too early. Not really sure where you go from here…you know anyone at her work to ask? As you can either believe her, or just assume the worst and end it (see above video). Also be aware if your anxiety may be colouring your reaction. Bounce the situation of real friend/relative rather than forum dwellers.

….but as mentioned. The box normally don’t lie.

bearnecessities

I think it’s going to be one of those threads

Where people excel at being monumentally insensitive bellends? Possibly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What time is she getting home ? How long has she been “missing” ?

It does sound like you are being too trusting.

MrPottatoHead

Before this did you have any reason to think there was an issue? If not then there may be a genuine explanation here, but only you would know how plausible it is. e.g. is it your birthday soon and she’s off planning a nice surprise?

aide

Anyone else gota set of keys for her car? Have to say i would trust the gps for reasons said before. How much do you trust your g/f? (I know if it were me i would find it hard to disbelieve mine, but some exs i wouldn’t)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is your GF called Louise?

coconut
    Free Member

tracker shes had in her car for a few years is shoeing her

I’m against car violence… so I’m out…

shermer75
    Free Member

A one-off might be understandable as people do sometimes forget stuff, but if it’s every night then it is super weird. I appreciate that you are prob feeling like you’ve been turned inside out right now but it might be time to face up to what is happening. People do lie, as hard it is to believe sometimes. I would be a) checking where the tracker has said she has been and b) planning a route out of the relationship. As soon as you start making plans you may well start to feel better

crankboy
    Free Member

The police refuse to release details about how accurate police car trackers are and parole trackers , I have seen the grid references they produced. I always got the police car in the correct place on the expected side of the road at one point exactly Center in a one car wide gate. The suspect was always where he would logically be and never on a roof or in a garden . so I would say the potential accuracy is down to a couple of feet . I proved both the officers in the car and my client were liars.
    I’m No help with relationships I’m afraid, but I would guess an open calm conversation would be better than speculating on here .

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

**** off jekkyl

Well don’t you sound delightful.
    I’m trying to think of any good reason why I’d want to look at gf’s car insurance policy that she couldn’t easily do herself. I’m guessing you’ve been harbouring thoughts of paranoia for some time?

mattyfez

Crikey,. GPS can and does glitch but it’s usually meters rather than miles.

If it’s showing unexpected journeys, I wouldn’t doubt it.

We all know that strava, map my ride and similar apps can sometimes misreport. But not by a massive amount in this context. It’s using the same technology, so if the data suggests the car traveled a few miles, it will have done. Give or take half a mile.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Well don’t you sound delightful.

To be fair the op’s world might have just been turned upside down.

mattyfez

Was going to say, he’s probably in a bit of a bad way right now. Give the OP some slack.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it’s time…

if the route and finishing time happened more than once, sounds like you need an explanation – as there is little to no chance of the tracker being incorrect.

Threaten to end the relationship and see what the reaction is, there in lies the answer to how much she cares.

scotroutes

For those that haven’t experienced them, the trackers show the start and end points and the route. It’s not some sort of vague line between two points.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

To be fair the op’s world might have just been turned upside down.

Thing is OP, now is the time to be as level headed as possible. Taking things out on people who are trying to help won’t help your cause.
    As someone who has been through a very similar situation, the thing that helped me get through is talking openly with friends. I could elaborate, but I became insanely untrusting and jealous over an gf’s whereabouts. It turned me into someone I wasn’t. I just thank god I dodged that bullet.

batfink
    Free Member

driving about where she says she hasn’t

Is the issue the driving? or perhaps the stopping? Trying to be delicate here: I would imagine that the movements of somebody who is being unfaithful (which is what I assume you are most concerned about) involve periods when the car is stationary. Does the tracker show that? Where are they?

ip1081
    Free Member

If I’m honest I fell apart yesterday. The explanation I was given in the end was she’s driving about with her mate after work because she’s not happy and needs someone to talk to. I’d say this is reasonable, but that doesn’t explain why she would driver to a very private place we both know well, up in the countryside, if you get what I mean. This place is 7 miles from my house and even further from her ‘freinds’.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Although it’s very far fetched, it could be the truth. I’m a firm believer in only worrying when you have something definate to worry about. (easy for someone not personally involved to say)

scaredypants

If I’m honest I fell apart yesterday. The explanation I was given in the end was she’s driving about with her mate after work because she’s not happy and needs someone to talk to. I’d say this is reasonable, but that doesn’t explain why she would driver to a very private place we both know well, up in the countryside, if you get what I mean. This place is 7 miles from my house and even further from her ‘freinds’

Sorry OP, I don’t buy that

Initial denial, followed by an unconvincing story (if anyone wanted a chat with a friend it’s be their house, a coffee shop or a pub etc, not a long drive to secluded beauty spot)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Help.’ is closed to new replies.