Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP!!!!!!!
  • turner84
    Free Member

I am in the last stages of my Production Privee Shan 917 bike build but have hit two problems. I have fitted a Hope 180 floating rotor on the rear but it is catching the IS mount adapter, I have tried both a Shimano and Hope IS mounts and they both catch. I have tried fitting my rear wheel off my FS with a 180 ice tech rotor and it fitted fine. The only way I can see how to fix this is to either file down a mm or so off the IS mount or maybe fit a washer/spacer to the QR.

The other problem I’m having is the bloody gears of all things! What ever I do I can’t seem to adjust the rear mech enough to go into first. I’ve adjusted the low screw all the way and it still isn’t enough to properly go into first.

Are both these related? It’s almost like the hub is 2mm too small. Shall I just fit a spacer to both sides of the QR?

Parts I’ve fitted – Hope rotor, Race Face Affect wheels and hubs and SRAM GX rear mech

Junkyard
    Free Member

put a washer between the adapter and the frame mounting points to move it outwards.

Had to do this on some bikes

rear mech – not sure is it 10 speed does it need a longer B screw for the larger cassette?

The overall issue seems like the frame may be out of tolerance by 2 mm – if its new i would contact them if it was SH i would bodge it with washers

dufusdip
    Free Member

Three things that spring to mind are wheel dish, disc spacing or hub width. But someone with more knowledge should be along to tell you how to eliminate smt of these options.

Del

dish affects the rim’s position relative to the hub. it won’t have any bearing on these issues.

Del

i’d be inclined to tickle a bit off the brake adapter to provide clearance. can’t help with your gear thing other than to suggest just pulling cable without a shifter first, and see if you can get enough swing to hit the top. if you can’t then you know it’s limit screw/b tension, or a.n.other preventing the mech moving far enough.
    doubt the gear/brake thing are related.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well, either the wheel/brake is off or the frame is. And if the back of the frame’s outta whack then that would also affect the gearing, no?

Can you push the mech over the cassette into 1st with your thumb? It’s not a cable tension/indexing thing?

IIRC those floating discs are “too wide” [outta spec] around the expansion rivets. If that’s what’s catching I’d not worry about alignment, I’d just file a little off the adapter [but have a google first to see if it’s the same amount as others have done].

breninbeener

Did this issue get resolved? Did you speak to PP about this rear triangle problem? I jave a Shan fram and im now worried as i havnt built it yet….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.