Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmets – Giro Phase or Athlon??
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Narrowed it down to these – tried others, these were the best fitting.

So, which one?

If athlon – it’d be matte brown/gold

If phase – it’d white & titanium.

Please decide for me!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i just got an athlon, it’s nice. seems to come up smaller than my previous giro animas, medium’s a bit tight but just fits so bear that in mind if you’re ordering online. the athlon’s really nice, i’ve got titanium colour.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah, just seen you’ve tried them on already.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    topangarider
    Free Member

just found the e2 (which also fits!) online for £67 – in the middle of the other 2!

is it time to move on from the e2?

theflatboy
    Free Member

well i had to replace my animas cause the rocloc anchor point was **** but i rode it like that for 3 months until the new athlon came out! so i’d definitely condone getting the latest one – i figured if you’re getting something new you might as well get the latest version of it! it’s a nice lid, looks good.

Boris01
    Free Member

can you tell me where the straps are positioned on the Athlon? Are they fastened into the body of the lid like the Xen?

Cheers

GTDave
    Free Member

I just bought a Phase to replace an old Hex. Very happy with it, much better styled than the Hex. So I say Phase.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I'm an ex Xen and Hex owner who recently bought a Phase. It is a great fitting and well ventilated helmet, well worth the ££. Try fleabay btw, I got mine for £45 delivered.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i saw this topic and was about to answer saying i'd got one. then i saw that i already had. seeing as i'm supposed to be watching a film with my girlfriend tonight and she's currently asleep on the couch ie. no film watching, allow me to assist, boris:

topangarider
    Free Member

Flatboy – I put the straps behind the pads and rocloc strap, seems more comfy.

I find the anchor point for the front of the rocloc strapping a bit poo, keeps popping out.

Otherwise a good fitting helmet. Seems massively more cool when the peak is off though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that's an idea, actually – that's how it came but it takes a bit of adjustment when i put it on to get the straps in the right place at the back of my head. i'll move it later, good call.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I do like my Athlon but I miss my Bell Sweep sorely…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmets – Giro Phase or Athlon??’ is closed to new replies.