• This topic has 25 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • helmets, feedback wanted !
  • tonup
    Free Member

looking for a helmet and so far ive narrowed the list down to

fox flux
    poc trabec
    giro feature
    661 recon

any of you lot had or have any of these and what are the strong points and week points of them,,

thanks in advance ! 😉

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

POC Trabec for me mate, no weak points that I’ve noticed. Nice fit and well vented – what more do you need 😆

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Giro feature – comfy, easy to adjust, cheap, looks good, lairy colours! Had a flux too and nowhere near as comfy imo

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I tried all of those on. None really fitted.

I bought a Bell Super. Try them all on. Get the comfiest one!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd Giro Feature now. The previous ones have been replaced due to big crashes. I can confirm that they work.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Buy whatever fits, that’s what matters most.

seavers
    Free Member

Got the Flux now, great lid. Had Giro’s before that Hex I think. Fox feels a bit nicer although nothing wrong with the Giro quality. Think you need a head test!

smatkins1
    Free Member

661 recon from me gets a big thumbs up.

Good value and looks great. I tried a fox flux when I got mine and wasn’t too impressed with the quality.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I like the fit and feel of the flux, but saying that I’ll be replacing it with either a feature or 661 recon.

Northwind

Trabec didn’t impress me at all- bulky and heavy, and thinly padded. Didn’t fit either so it was always going back but I don’t think I’d have kept it regardless.

Flux is also bulky and heavy, but has better padding IMO, and the securing straps wrap more under the back of the head than most. I liked mine and crashtested it to death, but it’s kind of a good helmet despite its flaws, which makes it harder to recommend.

Haven’t tried the others, Feature looks ridiculously good value but wasn’t close to fitting 🙁 Fox Striker might be another to look at, it doesn’t have quite as much back-of-head protection as the Flux (but sits just the same as the Trabec on me) and it’s far smaller and lighter. Just feels every bit a better helmet.

breadcrumb

I have a Giro Feature and 661 Recon.

Both are very comfy, the 661 has better ventage, but is little bulkier. It also only comes two sizes.

Not tried any others, sorry.

tonup
    Free Member

problem ive got with going for fittings is finding all the helmets without looking online !
    think only je james has 2 of the ones on the list,, the giro and the 661

hammyuk
    Free Member

661 Recon – light, comfy and bloody good VfM

jaymoid

I tried the recon, it just didn’t fit right at the front and I couldn’t fit a beanie underneath. It kinda looked massive too. Giro helmets seem to fit me better so purchased the hex instead and it’s been fine.

Trekster
    Pauly

Are the Flux and the Recon not exactly the same shell?

TLD A1 is the comfiest helmet I’ve ever worn.

wiggles
    Free Member

Feature seemed a bit bulky and under padded at first but forget it’s there now I’ve got used to it, was only £30 on an Evans PSA

chiefP
    Free Member

IXS Trail RS when they come into Stock in the UK, just got mine today 😀

First impressions, well thought out fits a dream, retention system is smart. Feels great looks great and wins compared to my previous Helmets 661 Recon and POC Trabec

timpol
    Free Member

Just got a TLD A1, by far the best fitting helmet I’ve had, also good as it doesn’t make you look like one of the Mario brothers!

Trekster

chiefP – Member
    IXS Trail RS when they come into Stock in the UK, just got mine today

You in the “trade” chief?
    My lbs chappy has the blue one in s/m and is a wee bit small but is still a nice fit. Awaiting delivery of m/l 😆 the blue is nice, might even accept the green 😡

chiefP
    Free Member

No i was lucky enough to be in Germany, they had 3 left all in S/M of course 😀

I sit inbetween S/M M/L (58) but fits fine, may be a bit tight when the hair grows 😆 but the retention at the back works a treat so may not be a issue.

And as for the colour, Blue looks nice but the green is not as bad as others i have seen, bit more duller if that makes sense.

The UK supplier is slacking behind, original date was first week of October and the new revised date looking at CRC is 25 Dec, which will probably move to Mid Jan which the shop i got it from are expecting the next batch.

Trekster

And as for the colour, Blue looks nice but the green is not as bad as others i have seen, bit more duller if that makes sense.

Yeah, not quite so fluorescent ?
    Lbs guy blagged his from a rep to race at Inners Enduro at the weekend, came 13th!

adrec
    Free Member

Really liked the look of the 661 recon, but when I tried it on I was a bit surprised it didn’t wrap round further than it did. Thought it would give a bit more protection than it did.

chiefP
    Free Member

Yeah more of a dull fluorescent Green, wasn’t a fan of it but seeing it in the flesh changed my mind. Well worth the wait when they do come into stock and at a good price as well.

As for the 661 Recon, did anyone else have the problem with the 661 logo being imprinted on your forehead from the padding after a ride?? or was that just me.

tonup
    Free Member

Trekster.
    What size is yer sm in cm’s mate.
    I might be interested if yer stepping up a size ?

br
    Free Member

I like the fit and feel of the flux, but saying that I’ll be replacing it with either a feature or 661 recon.

I’ve a Flux too, and if I have to replace it – it’ll be with another Flux.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘helmets, feedback wanted !’ is closed to new replies.