Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Helmets – Catlike Whisper v Fox Striker
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I need a new helmet as my current 8 year old Giro is falling apart.

I want some thing to use for MTB / Road / CX. My head gets very warm as it is so I need lots of ventilation. More modern helmets than my current Giro appear to have more rear coverage, which is good, but I don’t want to boil.

What else would you recommend I look at?

Ta

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bump.. Anyone ?

rhayter

Catlike Leaf. Light-ish. Well ventilated. Very customisable fit. Cheap! The red looks pretty cool. Quite tough and well made. Very happy with mine.

2orangey4crows

I was pretty set on getting a Catlike Whisper as it was reduced in the LBS. Then they got me try on a Kask for comparison though. Much comfier, much nicer quality and (when I get some pennies) that’s what I’ll be getting!

Not tried the Fox one, but they always look a bit like they’re sat on top of your head rather than actually covering it.

Not sure that helps…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Rhayter – is the peak detachable though?

Northwind

I can’t compare them but I’ve had 2 Strikers, I really rate them. Not quite got the coverage of some but a good weight, well cooled, all that good stuff. Really straps round my head not on, which I like. Good service too- I wore out a pad, Fox sent me 2 replacement sets for free. (and some stickers and an air freshener!2!!!)

gozarch
    Free Member

I love my Whisper. It’s light, comfy, easily adjustable and available in lime green! What’s not to like?

2orangey4crows

Must admit, the lime green was what drew me to the whisper in the first place!

rhayter

@FunkyDunc.

Ah. No.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ordered Catlike Leafs and Whispers from Halfrauds. 4 helmets in total 2 different sizes. Will try them all in the shop and see which is best 😆

Tried a Giro Hex earlier, wasn’t that impressed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

**** Halfrauds.

Site says can orde in to store just had email from customer services saying they cant get any !

Anyone know where you can actually buy a Catlike Leaf in the UK at the minute?

servo
    Free Member

I bought one from Merlin last week

spooked
    Free Member

I have a catlike whisper in line green. Probably my favorite lid of all time. Nice and visible in traffic too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Actually ended up getting a Catlike Leaf, and it is so much more comfortable than the old Giro it replaced. I dont even realise its on my head apart from the peak.

Its also much more breathable than I thought it would be. Great helmet and cheaper than most brands too.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What LBS om Scotland sell Kask helmets?
    Can’t find any online and saw they are doing a trade in deal on one of their top of the range ones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Helmets – Catlike Whisper v Fox Striker’ is closed to new replies.