Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Helmets: any that look good on both an MTB and road bike?
  • poppa
    Free Member

I only use one helmet for both. I would feel like a plonker riding a road bike wearing something with too much MTB styling (although a piss-pot might look amusing), so was wondering if anyone had suggestions for helmets that look OK on both.

I guess it would need to be a little more aerodynamic than your typical MTB helmet too, seeing as I am such a speed demon on the road. In my head.

tonyg2003

I have a Met ValenoD. Peak on MTB and Peak off on road. Looks OK both ways IMHO.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

All helmets look stupid but what does that matter? What counts is how well it is made and how well it fits.

njee20
    Free Member

Spesh 2D, awesomely light and comfortable too.

poppa
    Free Member

TJ – I want a helmet that looks good. I don't want a discussion about whether I need a helmet that looks good or not. 😉

gingerflash

specialized 2D, giro animas, any giro road helmet.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I was out walking the dogs across the fields locally and there was a fit, tall looking guy, rugged, "Marlboro Man" type with a beard (come to think of it, as SS type of guy!) of a look to him, giving it some through the mire, no word of a lie, in a Deerstalker!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bell Sweep

crazy-legs

Another vote for the Specialized 2D.

(it comes with a peak as well)

aracer
    Free Member

Any normal roadie helmet. Not sure I understand the concept of a helmet suddenly looking rubbish because you've got flat bars and your tyres are a bit fatter.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Met Inferno ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

TJ – I want a helmet that looks good. I don't want a discussion about whether I need a helmet that looks good or not.

and he said there is no such thing

BTW I love the idea that how it looks depends on the type of bike underneath 🙂 This isn't actually about looking good, it's about conforming

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think the deerstalker has much to recommend it as cycling headwear, but protective it is not. 🙂

raddaz
    Free Member

and another vote for the Specialized 2D

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My point is why worry about looks – you should be looking at the helmet that is the best made and the best fit. Looks are subjective anyway and buying a helmet for its appearance not its function is daft IMO

trail_rat
    Free Member

uvex fp1

aracer
    Free Member

-1 for the 2D just for balance – it doesn't fit me, which is far more important than how it looks. Got a Limar Pro 104 instead, which has the bonus of being lighter than a 2D if you're bothered about such things.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

+1 for what TJ said. Price, fit and how hot you get wearing it should be the primary concerns.

You might have the nicest looking helmet in the world but if it is uncomfortable and leaves you hot and red in the face you're not going to be looking particularly 'fly' are you. 😉

Dougal
    Free Member

Giro Ionos here. Spesh 2D if it had fitted me.

poppa
    Free Member

To reiterate: I don't want a discussion about whether I need a helmet that looks good or not.

Gaaah. Sometimes STW, I love you. Today is not the day.

FYI I am all grown up. Upon being given a variety of suggestions for suitable helmets I can try them on and see if they fit. I can also weigh up the liklihood of Specialized, Met etc. suddenly deciding not to put all their expertise in making helmets to good use, and making the said helmet out of wotsits covered in smartie shells instead of the correct materials to the BSI standard etc. etc.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Ah…so your question should be;

"what helmet looks good and fits someone with a thick skull?" 😉

I personally wear a Giro Havoc on and off road with peak. It fits, isn't 'super' hot and was cheap…no helmet going to make me look good though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

FYI I am all grown up.

surely that's open to question?

poppa
    Free Member

Probably.

juan
    Free Member

Fox Flux

GW
    Free Member

if you think you look a **** with your mtb lid on your roadbike, you look just as much of a **** with it on your mtb.

Duane…
    Free Member

Best helmet ever, for everything;

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

giro E2 without the peak is quite roadie like, with the peak its great on the MTB for faster/smoother rides, got a xen for sillier stuff, and a full face for even sillier stuff.

brianbrian
    Free Member

In the winter I stick one of these on my barnet. I look like a **** but it don't half keep my head warm.

RevWill
    Free Member

Sexeh!

I have to add, this isn't me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Helmets: any that look good on both an MTB and road bike?’ is closed to new replies.